SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i searched up and down the forum, but could not find the answer (does;t mean it isn;t there, though:rolleyes:)

we have a 2005 S60T5 and i was wondering what the correct spark plugs were - the shorter ones (19mm) or the longer ones (28mm)?
also, what is a good place to get them and which ones (brand and model) are the ones to use?

thanks in advance, as always i appreciate all the answers.

fritz

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
tbh I bought mine from IPD. I couldn't tell you what the actual length is though.

I have heard mixed things from aftermarket spark plugs though. Some good. some bad. so if you're stock I think the OEM is the best way to go.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
longer ones, you use the R plugs too. I will not use any other spark plug than volvo cooper, nice and good price.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your quick answers.

are these here the correct ones. it says so in the description, but on the package (when you zoom in) it doesn't mention the s60 :confused:

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4877/113555-volvo-spark-plug-set-turbo

they were changed once before and i just looked at the ones that were in there (don't know why i still have them) - and they are the short ones and manufactured by bosch....

thanks again

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
On the tabs it has "vehicle fitment guide" and it lists in there all the different models that the spark plugs will work for. Under S60 it lists the Rs and T5s.

But that is the right set of plugs. I dunno who made the plugs for Volvo though. Bosch did the fuel injection system and if I'm not mistaken the ignition system. Although I could very well be wrong.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Great, ipd carry a lot of good products :).

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got the plugs from ipd a few days ago and had a plug day today (changed the ones from our avalanche and the s60)
sure enough, the short ones were in there. i bought the car used and had the dealer change them once, so they put these ones in. i guess it had the short ones in all the time then, which is by now 7 years and 123000 miles.
i just need to finish some stuff up, then i will start her up and go for a test ride.

thanks for all your tips and answers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts