SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after tracking down four manual transmission V70s (an NA P80, an 04 VR and currently two T5Ms), my wife has decided she'd rather have an XC90. We've settled on a V8, and while I know questions about which one to get have been asked ad nauseam, in reading all those threads I had a question I couldn't quite track down the answer to. I think I remember someone mentioning that the CB issue that plagued earlier year V8s was actually resolved mid-year 06. Is this true, or were all 06s safe? And if so how do I figure out if one is from this safe period? There are a few nice 06s near enough by to consider…but obviously, that issue could be enough of a deal-breaker to save us from making an unnecessary 2–4 hour drive. Any help would be…well…helpful…

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Most likely all 2006 V8s and beyond are exempt. Issue was noted for Engine SN less than 6833 (white sticker on passenger side of engine block has PN and SN). If SN is greater than 6834, you're likely good to go but still will not wash the engine and let 'er sit afterwards on mine.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That definitely helps. Thanks! Getting excited about finding one. Helps to have a better sense of confidence in my looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.