SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I noticed this when installing my new fogs this evening with plastics under radiator removed.
I can only assume it's blowby from my charge piping. Any ideas?

I am at the point in my setup to install a FMIC soon. So I'll be deep into it soon.
I also have everything for flametrap service I plan to do at the same time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
That is what it looked like when I pulled mine apart. Pcv was totally blocked on the bottom nipple. Replaced the engine. Have you done a glove test to see if your pcv is still venting?

2003 s60 2.4t fwd.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what it looked like when I pulled mine apart. Pcv was totally blocked on the bottom nipple. Replaced the engine. Have you done a glove test to see if your pcv is still venting?

2003 s60 2.4t fwd.
Yes, I did the glove test. I have everything to replace it. It is still venting and the engine is pretty solid at 221k so I guess I should do it ASAP then!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
You'll need a new PCV box, some seamfoam, and an intake manifold gasket. It's not too bad or expensive.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
That lower left hand bolt on the intake is a fun one. I took out the cooling fan and still made a cool swivel extension contraption. I am just glad you only have to loosen it.

2003 s60 2.4t fwd.

·
Registered
505 Posts
While you have the intake out it's also a good time to clean the etm (just don't go hog wild on cleaner, use a rag). And it's not a bad idea to replace the oil dipstick o-ring too. They can spit some oil once the o-ring hardens a bit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
While you have the intake out it's also a good time to clean the etm (just don't go hog wild on cleaner, use a rag). And it's not a bad idea to replace the oil dipstick o-ring too. They can spit some oil once the o-ring hardens a bit.
Either the o-ring hardens or you snap the ring off while working on the car... personal experience with that lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts