SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer AppRadio II which uses the phone as its 'brain'. What I want to do is be able to easily plug-in/remove the phone in a horizontal mount and wondering if anyone has some ideas. I don't have the cubbie so I can't toss it in there. Right now, I just toss it on the passenger seat or in my lap. I'd also like to avoid having some gawdy mount sticking out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
No cubby? - What are you working with then?

I have a cubby and I have used it to mount my smart phone.... I love it right where I have it; especially for using the phones navigation.

I used part of the window suction cup mount and ran the wiring behind the radio and hooked up to the 12V power outlet - no dangling cords for me.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a double DIN bracket and it doesn't have a hole for the cubby - no way I was going to find the Volvo double DIN with cubby for a decent price... I plan on cutting it out one day so I can put the cubby back but I'd like to avoid using it for a mount.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Oh...
I'm sure someone else will chime in... You may just have to go with a vent mount.
Goggle mounts and search the forum too... there are examples and options out there.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
does it have a cable or is it bluetooth?

A good place where people stow their ipod(or mp3 player) for imiv is in the armrest

you may also notice there are pockets/pouches on the front of the seats.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, the headunit requires both Bluetooth and an MHL cable to connect to the phone. Maybe the map pocket will do the trick, I just hope it won't rub against the seat and 'touch' the screen - which has to remain on for the HU to work (don't get me started...).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts