SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchase the Playstation 2 and next week will order a 6" monitor . The problem is where to mount the PS2. Has anybody on this forum mounted one and where ? PICTURES WOULD BE NICE !!<P>

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure where the best place to mount it would be, but just remember you will have to be able to access both the front and back of the PS2, due to the strange design of putting the power switch on the back, and the other buttons on the front.<P>

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I know how to install it . Tell me what you think ! Mount the PS2 to the rear passanger seat. Have it to were you can access the front of the PS2 threw the armrest.Now what I was thinking about the power switch, being on the back side was leave it on the on position and have on/off switch that cut the power off.<BR> The only ? I have is where to get 12 volts from ? Do I buy a inverter and run it straight to the battery ?How about noise coming form the inverter ? (hum for fan)Or do I buy a cig adapter and cut off off the tip and get my power from the fuse box? I would need a constant 12 volts and cut the power off with a on/off switch. Any input would be appreciated!!<P>Once I get it installed I will post some pictures . Maybe next week if I get all the parts.<P>

·
Registered
408 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thejunker:<BR><B>...power switch on the back, and the other buttons on the front...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Does it draw enough power when off that you would need a power switch?<P><P>

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason for installing a seperate switch was to make it easy to power it on and off. Otherwise you would have to stick your hand threw the armrest opening and feel around for the switch. I don't think my 6 year old son's arm would be long enough.<BR> I was thinking of mounting the monitor on the rear of the center console same with a power on off switch for the PS2<P>

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Where are you going to mount the monitor?<P>Past weekend, saw some guy had a PS2 installed on his E46. Pretty decent install, but I just can't remember how he installed the unit. <P>I'll ask around the the bimmer guys and let you know.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
You could do monitors in the rear seats, or get one that folds down from the roof. I saw an Alpine show car (V70) with monitors in the back of each seat. That was pretty trick.<P>As for placement of the PS2, that's a tough one. You'd almost have to rewire it to put the power button where it is more accessible like you said. It'd be cool if you could integrate that using a Volvo factory switch somehow, but the only place I know to put one of those switches is in the dash or up on the front of the center console, and it sounds like you are looking for back seat placement.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I JUST GOT MY MONITOR YESTERDAY !!! I orderd the 7" pyle view monitor with wireless headphones. I will start mounting everthing monday and once it is in I will post some pictures.<P>I was able to get the monitor at wholesale. If anybody is interested in buying one they are having a sale on a 5" Legacy monitor and 5.6 cyclone audio <BR> The 5" I could sell for $100.00 and the 5.6 for $120.00 plus shipping<BR> The only draw back is that they only have 2000 of the 5" and 3000 of the 5.6"<P><BR>

·
Registered
313 Posts
I would mount the PS2 to the back of the rear seat as you said, and then get an inverter that is hardwired (so no cutting of wires etc. And then mount that under the passenger seat so you can turn it off completely w/o reaching back there. Or, if you wanted to be really trick... get a volvo switch (like a seat heater switch) and put it in that blank spot in the center console, and have that be the switch to the inverter. Then you are free to mount the inverter wherever you please.<BR>Good Luck!<P>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts