SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a glass low beam headlight which takes H4 bulbs. Who carries these and how much do they run?<P>edit:forgot to mention I have a 1988 745 t/i.<p>[This message has been edited by VolvoVancouver (edited 04-08-2002).]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<A HREF="http://www.ipdusa.com/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=440&subsubcategoryID=422" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ipdusa.com/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=440&subsubcategoryID=422</A> <P>Would that be the right part? Are H4's low and high beam?

·
Registered
408 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VolvoVancouver:<BR><B>Would that be the right part? Are H4's low and high beam?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>H1 bulbs are single fillament bulbs.<BR>H4 bulbs are duel fillament Hi/Lo bulbs. <P>The outside set of lamps are the Hi/Lo and the inner are just high. If you buy Cibie lamps you would get the H4 Hi/Lo for the out side and the H1 for the center two.<P>I think your car came with lamps simmular to the cibie from the factory. US models had crap sealed beam things that I replaced with Hella lamps simmular to the cibies except they didn't have city lamps bulit in.<P>

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah, mine don't have the city lights either. But if I replace them, maybe i'll get them with them. Can I get the e-code replacements from a dealership? <P>Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
408 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VolvoVancouver:<BR><B>Oh yeah, mine don't have the city lights either. But if I replace them, maybe i'll get them with them. Can I get the e-code replacements from a dealership? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>From a Canadian dealer probably, but not with city lights. Whatever you do, do it in symentrical sets.<BR><P>

·
Registered
408 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VolvoVancouver:<BR><B>So you mean replace both low beams at the same time, high beam at the same time?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Replace both low beams at the same time and replace both high beams at another time.<P>or<P>Replace all four lamps at the same time.<P>Same goes for the bulbs that go inside. You just want the lamps to be even.<P>

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, thanks. Maybe in a few months i'll replace them. Ijust spent $500 this week on timing belt, water pump, seals, and main pulley (i forget the proper name).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts