SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am a new 2008 xc70 owner with the 3.2 engine. I was wondering what are good sites to buy parts from. Currently there is a leak from the lower coolant hose quick disconnect. The little plastic piece with the o ring that goes inside the hose. I was unable to find it at any local parts stores and don't know where to find that piece online. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
The Volvo Parts Webstores are pretty okay if you know what you are looking for. Volvo Parts & Accessories - Official Volvo Parts Online Store

IPD is a good one, lots of OE things, mass made custom things like skidplates, and other goodies as well. P3 (your cars generation/platform) parts arewell stocked on their site. You can also get kits (engine mounts, oil changes, etc.) IPD Kit Builder - Genuine, OE, OES, OEM And Aftermarket Online Volvo Car Parts Catalog.

FCP Euro is good. To me, they same as IPD with some differences (no custom parts), they have their Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, where basically you can return everything and get new parts and consumables (this includes oil lol) FCP Euro Lifetime Auto Parts Replacement Guarantee | FCP Euro.

Tasca is another option but ill be honest, I have heard mixed reviews of their site and services, but that doesn't mean that they are bad. They do have somewhat of a lower price for OE parts compared to the Volvo Parts Webstore Volvo Models | TascaParts.com

As for your issue with your hose, I might be able to help you find the part for it if you want to shoot me a PM or message me on Discord (my link and ID is in my Signature)

I hope this helps!
Charlie

·
Registered
2018 XC90 R5 Momentum
111 Posts
Hello all! I am a new 2008 xc70 owner with the 3.2 engine. I was wondering what are good sites to buy parts from. Currently there is a leak from the lower coolant hose quick disconnect. The little plastic piece with the o ring that goes inside the hose. I was unable to find it at any local parts stores and don't know where to find that piece online. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!
Cwh11 has the list imo. The important thing is avoid EBay, Amazon and other after market articles. FCP is my go to place for parts and information, I would consider using a aftermarket part from there site. Not tried the other places.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Volvo Parts Webstores are pretty okay if you know what you are looking for. Volvo Parts & Accessories - Official Volvo Parts Online Store

IPD is a good one, lots of OE things, mass made custom things like skidplates, and other goodies as well. P3 (your cars generation/platform) parts arewell stocked on their site. You can also get kits (engine mounts, oil changes, etc.) IPD Kit Builder - Genuine, OE, OES, OEM And Aftermarket Online Volvo Car Parts Catalog.

FCP Euro is good. To me, they same as IPD with some differences (no custom parts), they have their Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, where basically you can return everything and get new parts and consumables (this includes oil lol) FCP Euro Lifetime Auto Parts Replacement Guarantee | FCP Euro.

Tasca is another option but ill be honest, I have heard mixed reviews of their site and services, but that doesn't mean that they are bad. They do have somewhat of a lower price for OE parts compared to the Volvo Parts Webstore Volvo Models | TascaParts.com

As for your issue with your hose, I might be able to help you find the part for it if you want to shoot me a PM or message me on Discord (my link and ID is in my Signature)

I hope this helps!
Charlie
My savior. Thank you king 👑

I hope this helps!
Charlie
My savior! Thanks king. I'll be adding you on discord.

·
Registered
2008 V70 3.2
79 Posts
Google by part number, too. These cars are old enough that some of the dealers seem to be putting stuff on sale. Varies a lot, and always check the shipping costs ... some of them are OK, others downright criminal. There are at least a few dealer parts departments on eBay, too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had a good history with FCP, however, last purchase went a bit pear shaped. It was my fault as I accidently bought a right hand side window regulator for the wifes Mercedes instead of left. We drive on the right side of the road down here and I made the mistake of reading 'drivers side'. Anyway, there is no way to cancel the order once you hit enter. I rang them immediately and the answering machine (I never got a real person) said they were all at lunch. Is luch time in Connecticut 5pm? Just for laughs I rang at what would be 6pm and the message said they were all in a meeting. Got that next day too. Pretty humorous. It was my fault admittedly. I emailed immediately and the response was fairly quick. The guy said the order was too far along to be canceled (BS for can't be bothered). I guess I learned a hard lesson for not double checking the details. Not so much of a big deal if you live in the U.S, but way down here like a pimple on the arse of the world, it's not worth the money to return anything. In hindsight I probably would have had success stuffing the genie back in the bottle through paypal. Other than that, they've been great :)

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
Agree with the above.

My only other suggestion is to also check your local dealer(s), if there are any near you. I realized only recently that one of the dealers near where I live is really competitive on parts prices and when I go pick up the parts there's no shipping cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts