SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where can I find these? They are for the shroud covering the AC low pressure valve, among other things. I see a few assortment sets on amazon but a) I don't really want a huge assortment that are mostly useless and b) I'm not sure the assortments definitely have the ones I'm looking for.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Google is your friend.That being said, Amazon has what you seek.
Well that was helpful. Googling plastic rivets or push pins brings back thousands of results - wading through all of those is not a great use of time if someone actually knows the Volvo part number for these odd non-circular variants. Similarly, Amazon has giant assortments but OP has pointed out that there's no good reason to have an extra hundred plastic rivets sitting around that will never be used.

To OP: I was able to look the parts up in VIDA. They are part of the "Windscreen Drainage" assembly; the part number for the pins is 8662958. Volvo's official price is $3.29 each, but actual price will vary by dealership. If you want to buy them online, I have always had good luck with Volvo Parts Lisle. A link to Volvo Parts Lisle's listing for the part is here: https://parts.volvocarslisle.com/p/Volvo_2012_S60-30l-6-cylinder-Turbo/Clip/42802646/8662958.html

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
When you can buy an assortment of 100 for $10 on Amazon instead of 1 for $3.29 it does, and then take wire cutters and clip flat edges on either side. Go to Tasca and bring up a schematic, don`t need VIDA

·
Registered
720 Posts
When you can buy an assortment of 100 for $10 on Amazon instead of 1 for $3.29 it does, and then take wire cutters and clip flat edges on either side. Go to Tasca and bring up a schematic, don`t need VIDA
For some of us, spending $6.50 for the two clips we actually need is better than having 98 extra clips we'll never use and have to store or throw away. And getting the clips from Volvo means we don't have to bother with measuring the hole diameters to ensure we're getting properly sized plastic rivets instead of an assortment of clips that mostly don't fit because they're too small or too large in diameter. Tasca's schematic lookup is the same as Volvo Parts Lisle's schematic lookup, but I prefer VIDA because the assemblies are more logically laid out (at least in my old 2014D copy) so I can find it faster in VIDA, but you're right that any of the major Volvo factory parts places will have online schematics.

In any case, OP asked about the Volvo parts and explicitly said he didn't want to buy one of the big assortments from Amazon. I gave him the information on how to get the Volvo parts. Whether it's worth it for him or not is up to him. But when someone says "I see a few assortment sets on amazon but a) I don't really want a huge assortment that are mostly useless and b) I'm not sure the assortments definitely have the ones I'm looking for" telling that person to use Google and check Amazon isn't exactly being helpful.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TASCA has them for like $2.45 + shipping. Not ideal but yeah, I already have 100,000 parts and bits of things I don't need an will likely never use. So thanks. If I had more time, I'd just 3d print myself a set, but I don't have much time these days either.

Space and time ... such buggers.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I get it, I tend to like OEM stuff too, I`ve gone to the dealer to buy a $5 plastic nut no one sees. I just find there are a lot of "hey where can I find this part" guys who expect someone to find it for them without even trying to use a friend like google.

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
Those are parts I find at the junkyard - for free!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I get it, I tend to like OEM stuff too, I`ve gone to the dealer to buy a $5 plastic nut no one sees. I just find there are a lot of "hey where can I find this part" guys who expect someone to find it for them without even trying to use a friend like google.
I get that. But in this case it looked to me like the OP did try to find it on Google before making the thread. That and the fact that Volvo's names for subassemblies are not always immediately obvious (I spent a good 15 minutes checking seal assemblies before figuring out that it was under windshield drainage) convinced me this wasn't a case of someone being lazy. :)

Those are parts I find at the junkyard - for free!
Assuming you can find a P3 car in a junkyard. Even here in Seattle, Volvo capital of the US, finding a P3 in the local pick and pull yards is rare. Sometimes you just want the parts back in the car instead of waiting 6 months for a possible donor to show up in a junkyard. :D

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
Assuming you can find a P3 car in a junkyard. Even here in Seattle, Volvo capital of the US, finding a P3 in the local pick and pull yards is rare. Sometimes you just want the parts back in the car instead of waiting 6 months for a possible donor to show up in a junkyard. :D
Believe it or not, push pins from earlier generations actually work - P1, P2. ;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
Believe it or not, push pins from earlier generations actually work - P1, P2. ;)
Some will, some won't. For example, in this case the pins OP is asking about were not used on P1 cars, nor were they used on P2 S60s. They were, however, used on XC90s from 2003 on. It all depends on the part and whether you can cross reference. Here's the list of vehicles where the pins shown by the OP (part number 8662958) can be found:

View attachment 53165

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Never even seen a P3 in a Seattle junkyard yet! I used to drive to Ballard to get a hubcap for my 240 as many are parked curbside there......lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts