SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The garage is finally moving in the right direction...

Used to look like this..

Now looks like this... still tweaking the layout, need to add more electrical and overhead lighting, but this will work for a while.

·
Registered
13,471 Posts
Looks great. What did you use on the floor?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great. What did you use on the floor?
Rustoleum Epoxy Shield... the water based version.

I only used it as a temporary solution. In the future I'll either go with a pro to grind it all down smooth and apply commercial epoxy or I'll go with Race Deck (tiles).

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Looks good! You did a write up on the Home Depot site for the Rustoleum Epoxy Shield because I remember seeing pictures of your garage. I can't wait to post up pictures of my garage; finishing up the spackling/sanding the walls. I'm going to use the same stuff on the floor as you, but I'm going to rent the floor grinder before applying the epoxy (the previous owner had painted regular cement paint on the floor and it is peeling because it was never prepped properly).

My current state:

My cabinets are currently sitting in my Man Cave:

·
Registered
105 Posts
The garage looks great! Organized, clean and NOT full of stuff that belongs in an attic.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good! You did a write up on the Home Depot site for the Rustoleum Epoxy Shield because I remember seeing pictures of your garage. I can't wait to post up pictures of my garage; finishing up the spackling/sanding the walls. I'm going to use the same stuff on the floor as you, but I'm going to rent the floor grinder before applying the epoxy (the previous owner had painted regular cement paint on the floor and it is peeling because it was never prepped properly).

My current state:

My cabinets are currently sitting in my Man Cave:

You should checkout www.garagejournal.com I'm there and lots of ideas and help can be had.

Those look like the New Age cabinets... very nice. I'm sure you're itching to get the garage all set up.

I would suggest you don't go Rustoleum if you're going through the whole process of prepping correctly. I only went Rustoleum b/c it was cheap, short term solution before I spend money on RaceDeck in a few years. Spend a bit more and get something with more solids and higher quality. There are three or four key vendors over at garagejournal that will answer all of your questions, they give great service and very active in the forum.

Here are all of my progress pics/ thread for the garage/ floor.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298563

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
You should checkout www.garagejournal.com I'm there and lots of ideas and help can be had.

Those look like the New Age cabinets... very nice. I'm sure you're itching to get the garage all set up.

I would suggest you don't go Rustoleum if you're going through the whole process of prepping correctly. I only went Rustoleum b/c it was cheap, short term solution before I spend money on RaceDeck in a few years. Spend a bit more and get something with more solids and higher quality. There are three or four key vendors over at garagejournal that will answer all of your questions, they give great service and very active in the forum.

Here are all of my progress pics/ thread for the garage/ floor.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298563
Yes those are New Age cabinets; Lowes had a huge sale on their garage cabinets back during 4th of July and I ordered them heavily discounted. I just want to have my garage back in order and be able to put my cars back in the garage. Plus give the V60 a good detail job. I'll give Garage Journal a look and see what ideas I can come up with different flooring expoy's; I would definitely like a more commercial product.

I just emailed ArmorPoxy for a quote to install or just buy the product since they have it for 40% off right now.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes those are New Age cabinets; Lowes had a huge sale on their garage cabinets back during 4th of July and I ordered them heavily discounted. I just want to have my garage back in order and be able to put my cars back in the garage. Plus give the V60 a good detail job. I'll give Garage Journal a look and see what ideas I can come up with different flooring expoy's; I would definitely like a more commercial product.

I just emailed ArmorPoxy for a quote to install or just buy the product since they have it for 40% off right now.
Yeah.. a read a lot of members were asking him for pricing over the holiday weekend due to the discount. I had a few issues with Home Depot on my Gladiators. Overall it took a month of waiting and sorting out delivery. In the end, I got all of my cabinets for just over 50% off and free home delivery.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Yeah.. a read a lot of members were asking him for pricing over the holiday weekend due to the discount. I had a few issues with Home Depot on my Gladiators. Overall it took a month of waiting and sorting out delivery. In the end, I got all of my cabinets for just over 50% off and free home delivery.
The NewAge cabinets took over a month and a half to just get shipped to the store, but thankfully I did not have any issues with the cabinets being banged up.

·
Registered
13,471 Posts
Looks great - very organized. Much better than my handful of toolboxes with tools pretty much all over the place. I think I spend half my time looking for tools, lol.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great - very organized. Much better than my handful of toolboxes with tools pretty much all over the place. I think I spend half my time looking for tools, lol.
I can relate... that is why I have duplicates and triplicates of some tools LOL.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I can relate... that is why I have duplicates and triplicates of some tools LOL.
Im not the only one! If either of you see my utility knife let me know. :p Seriously looks great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts