SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my car back from the shop a few days back (a bunch of stuff was replaced.....dash.....) and my aftermarket sound system wasn't working, so i went home and thought it was just a loose connection. I tried it, and it would randomly work for a few seconds, and then I would only hear my subwoofer hitting...<P>So after looking at the wiring i thought it could be a messed up head unit, so i go to best buy and have them test it, and it works fine.<P>So I go home, and redo every connnection to the stereo, making sure they all are good. <P>And I get no sound/ sound every once and a while....<P><BR>umm.....anyone have any idea what to do?<P>Pete

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
yes i have had this problem.i have a pioneer head unit worth $1300. much to my surprise i put everything in and --->no sound!!!!the thing was on and everything, had it checked..all fine. i went looking at the speaker wires, where and how they were run.i found that when putting a panel on i self tapped a screw into the wire. the speaker wire was earthing and therefore nothing happened.i unscrewed the screw and hey presto sound.i dont no what made me go looking at the speaker wires but that was the problem.<BR>i am 100% sure this is the problem, after that i have had several cases when putting in h/u and new what to look for. when the mech's put the new dash in its possible that they cut the wire or done somthing to earth it. give it a look. best of luck!<P>michael.<P>

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I figured that out too. I JUST hooked the HU to power and Ground, then ran wires to a speaker and it worked, so I bought some high quality wire, and I am going to rewire the whole car. (I dont like to take the easy way out and trace the problem, I'd rather upgrade)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts