SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Grecian can you make a definitive list of all the awards the xc90 has won so far?? I think it will help the people who are worried by all the complaints on the forum. I have seen you list a few but putting them all in one thread will hit it home.

The full list should be IMPRESSIVE!!! and you should add the international awards too even though the pricing of the XC90 internationally does not make it as much of a bargain as it is in the U.S. which is why it loses out to the Q7 even though Audi stuck the spare tire on top of the 7th seat???? :saber:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Grecian can you make a definitive list of all the awards the xc90 has won so far?? I think it will help the people who are worried by all the complaints on the forum. I have seen you list a few but putting them all in one thread will hit it home.

The full list should be IMPRESSIVE!!! and you should add the international awards too even though the pricing of the XC90 internationally does not make it as much of a bargain as it is in the U.S. which is why it loses out to the Q7 even though Audi stuck the spare tire on top of the 7???? seat:saber:
See this post: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...awards-keep-on-coming!-3-more-announced-today

The last point there has the list of all awards to date.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I, too, would love to see that list!!! :)

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

The full list should be IMPRESSIVE!!! and you should add the international awards too even though the pricing of the XC90 internationally does not make it as much of a bargain as it is in the U.S. which is why it loses out to the Q7 even though Audi stuck the spare tire on top of the 7th seat???? :saber:
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...www.media.volvocars.com/glob...90/2016/awards

·
Registered
381 Posts
Awards - Great for making people sitting on orders feel better. Everyone that bought this vehicle was clearly impressed with the vehicle before they bought it. Any auto writer or organization that sits in the car for an hour or drives it around for an hour is going to be impressed.

Awards - Not great at indicating reliability or investigating issues that the car is encountering or any other part of the "real" daily ownership experience

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Awards - Great for making people sitting on orders feel better. Everyone that bought this vehicle was clearly impressed with the vehicle before they bought it. Any auto writer or organization that sits in the car for an hour or drives it around for an hour is going to be impressed.
Many of these journalists have had an XC90 for weeks...not an hour.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Many of these journalists have had an XC90 for weeks...not an hour.
I knew someone would take my comment literally.

A very quick search yielded the following:

MotorTrend: "a few days"

Yahoo Autos: "a day or two"

Business Insider: "a long road trip along the West Coast"

Regardless, my point still stands, as winning automotive magazine awards tells you nothing about long term reliability or about customer service. Sorry, it just doesn't. This SUV deserved the awards that it got. I say that because the point of these awards was not to point out issues that occur to an owner of the vehicle under normal daily ownership conditions, nor is it to point out holes in customer service. So, for what these awards are designed to do, I believe that the XC90 is worthy of winning them. The car is beautiful, inside and out. The technology is scalable. The car is brand-defining and in some senses, industry defining. The car has safety features never before seen in other autos. This car is a shoe-in on the awards circuit, no doubt about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts