SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you use a cellphone holder?

Do you exclusively use the navigation in the car etc?

I've been trying to figure out where to place it, I like to have my phone up so I can access things quicker.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
My iPhone goes into the center console and stays there. There is nothing I need to access on my phone while driving that I can’t accomplish using CarPlay or pull over first.

Coming from having my iPhone dash mounted in my last XC60, it’s liberating not to have it so available.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My cell stays in my pocket. I rarely use navigation. If I do plug the phone in I use the unmarked USB just to charge it. When I got the car I thought I’d use Apple car play, I tried it once and not since. I might use it if it actually was the phone with all the apps except playing movies & YouTube with the display in portrait mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got this from Amazon, works well for me.

61Ua6eBw6EL._SL1001_.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC60 Momentum T6
121 Posts
I place my phone either on the passenger seat or on the cover over the cup holders. I don't use my phone in the car as I don't use Android Auto. I do use Sensus Navigation...haven't had any issue with it other than I still have not figured out how to tell it to NOT avoid toll roads. In the settings I do not have the box checked to avoid toll roads but yet it still will not route me on the toll road in Toronto. I have 'quickest route' selected in settings and I know that taking the toll road is the quickest route.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Center console cubby, plugged in. It gets charged and allows me to use CarPlay for navigation and music, and that’s all I need while driving.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Mine stays in the armrest storage, because its hooked up to Android Auto, so I have no need to see my phone in side the cabin. I use a mix of the OEM Navigation, Google Maps or Waze.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I thought I was going to install a proclip mount before I bought my XC60. I even bookmarked a guide to install it I found in the XC90 forum. After driving around for two months without it I feel no need to do so. It’s a beautiful and fun car to drive. B&W + CarPlay gets it done.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I use a vent clip on fast charger. I wish the car had a charging pad like the 40 does though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
mine is in the arm rest or in the cupholder tray, or if there are cups there then in the ash tray area with the cable running along the side.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put it in the cup holder, to charge it. No need to look at it, but still within reach if I need to check something. I am a bit disappointed about the available space though: even if the tunnel is definitely not small, it seems that all the spaces are minuscule. You cannot close the cupholder cover if there is anything in there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I usually leave my phone in one of the cup holders, as it fits nicely there. I wish there was a nice wireless charging pad like the XC40, but I've found the Sensus-based navigation to work well. It's only thrown me a curveball one time, and it was on a recently opened road.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I used Android Auto at first, but now I use just Google maps on the phone.

The phone attachment should be mounted horizontally, mine is vertical because of the vertical vent fins. I could stabilize it all with my wife's hair tie. It's totally a ******* solution, but it's good enough.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts