SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some small parts, an oil dipstick, fuel door hinge, and transmission fluid filter. Ipd is a little pricier than some other stuff I've found, so where do you usually get your stuff?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Other people's cars.

also TASCA, Rockauto (I think), FCPGroton, etc etc are all pretty good sources. Although not sure what they'll have.

As far as the Trans Fluid Filter... Are you positive that you need it? Because IIRC the way to get the filter out is to basically disassemble the transmission itself. These aren't like most automatic transmissions that have a singular large filter at the bottom of the trans case.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Illl check them out. And in that case I won't be getting one, my dad was looking at it and said he thought he saw one.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Yeah you don't need the transmission filter. Get the flush kit from IPD and Mobil1 3309. That is assuming you have an Automatic transmission.

Also I should tell you that everything on IPD is 10% off right now for the end of summer.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yeah, I was on IPD earlier and they have some nice deals right now! FCP also has some bargains.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
i always compare brands/prices with rock auto before ordering from FCP... sometimes rock auto has things a good bit cheaper. (sometimes enough to where one item and UPS ground comes to the same total as FCP w/ free usps shipping)

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Tasca for special parts, etc, fcp has good prices too.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I've found Tasca is usually a few dollars cheaper than IPD for OEM stuff, but IPD has a better part finder, so I use IPD to get the part # then go on Tasca, enter the part # and add to cart

In one case i pieced together a PCV kit for $50 shipped where FCP will charge you $120 or more

FCP has pissed me off, i avoid them like the plague...including wrong clamps in their kits and selling knockoff parts, not even the good knockoffs!

Rock Auto is great for suspension parts.. they carry MOOG brand which I like.

I sometimes use PartsGeek too (belt pully and timing belt kits), great prices and super fast shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts