SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
601 - 614 of 614 Posts

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
That's funny since there isn't 1 photo of the headliner on BAT
I think I remember seeing a comment on the auction page something along those lines lol

·
Registered
994 Posts
What wheels are these on this Inscription? They look good.

Pretty sure those are Sliver Bright Portias. I have a nice original pair and stupidly passed on a cheap refinished pair when the eBay seller wouldn’t play ball on the shipping rate.

If all four of the above had been the Black / Diamond Cut they’d be on the S80 and the P*s would be up for grabs.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

2K R needs to be saved. Should I continue to post PNW cars ? Guessing they have there own underground scene of decent examples and only rat cars end up on CL

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
1987 Volvo 740 GLE manual with 80k on it! Looks to be serviced by the same Volvo shop I go to - Baker Garage - from the first picture.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts

2K R needs to be saved. Should I continue to post PNW cars ? LOL, one of us should, I reckon 😄

Guessing they have there own underground scene of decent examples ??? Where??? 🤔

and only rat cars end up on CL 🥺 I feel sad now 😥

Reactions: Split_Pea

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Guessing they have there own underground scene of decent examples and only rat cars end up on CL
All the nice cars are either in collections or were exported to the Netherlands

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
All the nice cars are either in collections or were exported to the Netherlands
Saw this same thing happen with all the air-cooled 911 Porsches, seemed like from about 2012 to 2018 or so. It no doubt contributed to the absolutely bonkers pricing on those things these days. Maybe the same thing will happen with the rare Volvo models (outside of BaT sales, that is...I don't know what to make of some of those sales - feeding frenzy, I guess 🤪)
One big problem is, there are so few good ones left of the Volvos floating around 😕 What inevitably happens is that it makes the cars unaffordable to the people who could enjoy them the most. What I hear on the Porsche forum now is, "Crap, now I'm afraid to go out and drive it." That's how I would feel with a pristine yellow wagon 😬

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Saw this same thing happen with all the air-cooled 911 Porsches, seemed like from about 2012 to 2018 or so. It no doubt contributed to the absolutely bonkers pricing on those things these days. Maybe the same thing will happen with the rare Volvo models (outside of BaT sales, that is...I don't know what to make of some of those sales - feeding frenzy, I guess 🤪)
One big problem is, there are so few good ones left of the Volvos floating around 😕 What inevitably happens is that it makes the cars unaffordable to the people who could enjoy them the most. What I hear on the Porsche forum now is, "Crap, now I'm afraid to go out and drive it." That's how I would feel with a pristine yellow wagon 😬
I had that problem for a couple years before mine was eligible for the Hagerty policy. Such a huge portion of my net worth was tied up in that car (still is...lol) that it was really scaring me from a financial perspective to drive it at all. Obviously I love the car so I still consider the potential risks of any given outing with it, but it sure does help at least knowing I'm not going to lose my shirt financially if I get hit....unless I get hit so hard I get hurt but at that point the car probably has better insurance than I do.

Speaking of BaT......if that's a $20k car I'm gonna need to up my insurance when the policy renews LOL

·
Registered
13,994 Posts
Just make sure that any potential accident was only on the way to or on the way home from a car show, or whatever permitted use is listed under a Hagerty policy, lol.

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Just make sure that any potential accident was only on the way to or on the way home from a car show, or whatever permitted use is listed under a Hagerty policy, lol.
The Hagerty requirements really aren't an issue for me:

Vehicles must meet the following requirements:
  • An extra vehicle, not for primary use
  • Vehicle must be in very good or better condition
  • Vehicle must hold a minimum value of $3,500
  • Used for pleasure driving not regular commuting, ex. shows, scenic drives, occasional drives to work, etc.
  • Protected, preferably in a garage, but carport and driveway allowed in many area

It's unlimited mileage, too. That's especially important for my usage.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
The Hagerty requirements really aren't an issue for me:

Vehicles must meet the following requirements:
  • An extra vehicle, not for primary use
  • Vehicle must be in very good or better condition
  • Vehicle must hold a minimum value of $3,500
  • Used for pleasure driving not regular commuting, ex. shows, scenic drives, occasional drives to work, etc.
  • Protected, preferably in a garage, but carport and driveway allowed in many area
It's unlimited mileage, too. That's especially important for my usage.
You can stretch these rules farther than Silly Putty 🥴
I think Leland had a "Can't drive it to work" clause. My work is 32 miles away. I often work 7 days a week. If I crack it up 2 miles from my work on a Sunday, who's to say I wasn't just tooling around up there?? 🤥🤭
When I was checking around before I had Leland, there was one company that had a rule about none of your other cars being older than 8 years or have more than 80K miles.
Thought it was Hagerty, but it might have been somebody else.
The notion was, they didn't want your DD's to be POS's that are likely to break, so that you're not tempted to say,
"Shiiiaaa, my car won't start and I gotta get to work! Guess I gotta drive the (insert your special car here)."
I think that requirement has since been dropped.

601 - 614 of 614 Posts