SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. It's not as easy to decide like it is on a 70/850.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ts;dw

Notice how the v50 is missing it's rear wiper arm? I cannot find a blade that fits properly! Every one I install ends up falling off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugh.

That's why I pulled the arm. At least the window won't be in danger of being scratched while I figure this out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
The Prancing Moose Story

Prancing moose stickersWe Volvo owners don’t take ourselves as seriously as some other makes’ owners. Proof? How about the famous Prancing Moose stickers? If you’re not a car enthusiast you might not get it. Here’s a hint.

MVS Sponsor MySwedishParts sells them. I’ve seen a few on Volvos around town, and to the casual observer, I’m thinking the design leaves at least bewilderment in its wake. Honey, that looked like the Ferrari logo on that V70… but… something wasn’t quite right about it…

The stickers are the result of a combination of Volvo’s marketing department and Volvo RWD enthusiast Dave Barton. Paraphrasing Dave: in 2003, to show the accident-avoiding reflexes of the new XC90, Volvo built the “Moose Avoidance Test.” It was their bit of closed track where the XC90 stunt driver would avoid a dummy moose.

After seeing a Volvo-produced sticker on an XC90 show car — “a cartoon-like standing moose profile” — Dave got the idea to ape Ferrari by drawing the moose rearing up. Now he sells the stickers to Volvo — and recently other makes like Saab — owners all over the world. And the rest is history.

XC70 2011 D5

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I dont like add ons. I don't like the chrome on the bottom of the newer s80s, 4th gen Firebirds with the boy racer add ons etc. I don't like the Ferrari logo on the side of their cars, and I don't like the moose on the side of the Volvo. But I do like the moose outline on the trunk lid above.

Yes I'm a hypocrite, I like the M3 style rear spoiler on the S80 and plan on getting one.

·
Registered
723 Posts
No pics but I always put one to the left side of my rear license plates, then a 100k mile one in the right when the car gets there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts