SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
To the supermarket Saturday morning, to a downtown Resto with friends Sat evening and then it just sat on the driveway until this morning. Exciting right!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC60 Momentum T6
122 Posts
Mine has been in my garage since I last drove it on Thurs....will be taking it out this afternoon for a trip to the post office and the mall.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We took our get-away-into-the-wild impulses to a new level, and for an added win no crowds or full camp grounds :D
Awesome, nicely done video too. So how's the tent?

We did a fully loaded road trip, ~270 mi each way up to the Green Mountains of Vermont. 4 people, two largish dogs, roof box fully loaded, and ~30mpg in the T8. Long trips is not where hybrid shines, but can't complain!

Great weekend of hiking and biking, the car is growing on me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Roof top tent was fantastic. It's not without it's trade-offs (highway cruising wind noise is certainly noticeable, midnight barefoot ladder climbing/descending, no flexibility for separated parking/camping locations, goodbye to your sunroof views, and of course cost), but the pluses are terrific (_instant_ setup/teardown, comfy 3" foam mattress with good space, durable physical clamshell and heavy duty canvas, no need for additional flat space for ground tent or all the other ground tent drama, and you can sleep soundly "up and out of the food chain" ;-).
Also the RTT I got (Roofnest Falcon) is very thin relatively speaking at 6.5 inches, so no substantial MPG impact, and it actually fits under my garage door! :partywave:

FWIW, 30MPG is basically par for the course for longer trips at reasonable speeds from my experience.
Funny thing is that for one particular stretch of 38 miles of off-roading yesterday, driving slowly in AWD mode or OR, tires aired down, in 100F+ heat, climbing several thousand feet of elevation, and recharging the battery...we got 10.1 MPG.
Kinda resets one's expectations LOL

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I just drove around with no particular place to go. I find myself doing this more and more lately because the car is so much fun to drive, and it’s the best sound system I own.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought my XC this weekend! :partywave:

·
Registered
95 Posts
+1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts