SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a certificate from our dealer inviting us to pay Ford employee pricing for a new Volvo, combined with sweet financing deals.<p>I don't know that we are in the market but it's certainly worth investigating. I don't think we would do another R, unfortunately. My wife mostly uses the V70R now, mainly as errand runner and baby shuttle and is tired of the 6MT, the boatlike turning radius and the floaty sidehopping suspension in Comfort but hates comparative harshness of Sport. She also got a good scare one rainy day with our infant in the car thanks to the driveshaft/exhaust squealing problem, and we've shelled out cash to repair the infamous bracket-into-exhaust-into-driveshaft issue in the past. <p>We might downgrade to a V70 2.5T or XC70 (ugh, I hate that nasty, floaty, wandering, heavy, sluggish, platic-festooned car) or possibly go up to a XC90 (although i would insist on the V8 on general principles-- if we're going to suck gas SUV-style, we're going to do it whole hog!).<p>Anyway, where can I find Plan A pricing? Does that even matter these days when so many Volvos go for steep discounts?

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: Where can I see a list of "A Plan" pricing? (HarryHood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>HarryHood</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyway, where can I find Plan A pricing? Does that even matter these days when so many Volvos go for steep discounts? </TD></TR></TABLE><p>A Plan is invoice less any discounts/holdbacks. If I remember correctly, there is a box on the invoice showing this price (before rebates of course).<p>IMO, not a big deal since almost anyone can buy near invoice these days. Just another marketing gimmick.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: Where can I see a list of "A Plan" pricing? (MagoonR)

It basically reduces the amount of haggling one has to do.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: Where can I see a list of "A Plan" pricing? (tRio)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>tRio</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It basically reduces the amount of haggling one has to do.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Exactly, I did this when I bought my Grand Cherokee, and I walked into the dealer and paid $300 over invoice with no haggling (this was 3 months after the re-designed '99 was out so no one was discounting). It was great. Pick your options, done in about 1/2 hour, the car was on order. <p> Even if I didn't get the absolute best deal, I wasn't going to get much better. It's nice to have these kind of plans.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Where can I see a list of "A Plan" pricing? (MagoonR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>MagoonR</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>A Plan is invoice less any discounts/holdbacks. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>No such thing as a holdback in the Volvo world.<p><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMO, not a big deal since almost anyone can buy near invoice these days. Just another marketing gimmick.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Man, still the eternal pessimist...<p><i>SOME</i> people either do not have the time to shop around to save a couple of hundred dollars nor have the need to do so. A-plan offers THESE people the opportuity to recognize a good deal and buy the car instead of searching for a $10/monthly savings.<p>A-plan is not a marketing <i>gimmick</i>. It is a way to offer people who work and/or are affiliated with Ford Motor Co. to buy a new Volv at an excellent price.<p>Yannis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts