SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2008 C70 I bought does not have a spare tire, jack or lug wrench... where’s the best place to find these?

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I believe those were a dealer installed accessory on the C70. From the factory our cars came with an emergency inflation kit which should be located in the compartment behind the middle cushion of the rear seat back. As to the best place to get the Spare tire kit, I am unsure. The dealer may still be able to order it for you. Or you could try salvage yards to see if a wrecked one had the kit in it.

2009 C70 year round daily

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
897 Posts
Or you could try salvage yards to see if a wrecked one had the kit in it.
Yep, this is the cheapest way to go, and you aren’t limited to C70s. Any P1 Volvo (C30, C70, S40, or V50) spare tire, jack and lug wrench will work. You just won’t find them all nicely packaged in the bag that the C70 has.

BD

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Of course a salvage yard wil be some pretty old rubber. Not that I haven't successfully used a 30 year old spare before, but it might not be a bad idea to price out the new spare and just get the other stuff from the junk yard... I'm not sure if the spare with wheel would really cost that much more than just replacing the tire.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Got a spare tire r17 from a salvage yard for 15 euros (~18$).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts