SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, found out my brother threw out my winter mats today, not too happy about that. (grrr).

Anyways, just wondering where I could get my mits on a nice pair of volvo OEM rubber mats, or possibly any good quality rubber mats for my 1998 volvo V70 R. I really love the looks of those weathertech Floor Liner mats http://www.weathertech.com/product-education-center/floorliner-digitalfit/ but they don't offer them for 1998-2000 volvo's.

Anyways any info would be great, thank you :)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Your local Volvo dealer

·
Registered
950 Posts
Auto Anything shows several all weather mats, including weathertech. Not sure what's up with that. Do not get the Hex mats, they stink, literally. Also the weathertech's for the back seat aren't worth the effort or money. Too thin and they curl up (at least for the XC90). The fronts are great though. Lloyd's mats have been the gold standard for replacement mats forever, I see they've started getting into all weather, might be worth a look.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
+1 for the Volvo OEM rubber mats. Perfect fit and high quality rubber.
Many of the aftermarket products have a high mix of plastic in the
compound and just don't hold up. The Volvo mats remain supple
and flexible even at extreme temeratures. Good Stuff. :thumbup:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a set of Weathertechs for my 98 V70, but I got them when I first bought the car. I've never even used them yet! I guess I'm still waiting to start driving my car in ****ty weather.

·
Registered
347 Posts
^ um keep waiting.. and sell the weathertechs to me while I drive mine in the elements?
I just got an email from IPD that has me debating ordering the fronts and cargo liner..

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I've had the Rensi molded ones that ipd sells and also the Weathertech liner, for 5 yrs. They work great and have held up well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Weathertech has a 98 V70 listed as an app on their site.

I got mine when I bought my car new. They are Weathertech mats but the name says Cannon on the mat. Weathertech is made by Cannon. In Europe the mats will say Cannon on them. It was so long ago, I don't remember where I bought mine, I got the Weathertech cargo liner at the same time along with the nice OEM Volvo berber carpet rear mats.

http://www.weathertech.com/volvo/1998/v70/floor-mats-all-weather/

Both of these sites has them listed

http://www.weathertech.com/volvo/1998/v70/floor-mats-all-weather/

http://www.autoseattle.com/WeatherTech

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
UUUUgly
I would take the Volvo all weather mats anytime

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've had the Weathertech form fitted mats (supposedly their best mat) for about 2 years, and I would say I am a bit disappointed. They function fine, but have discolored, are very difficult to clean, and the rear mats have all warped to some degree.

Weathetech's customer service during purchase was great, while attempting to get rear mats that fit (apparently my floor shape did not match their spec book).

The mats do retain water and dirt well, but have become unsightly. My thicker factory rubber mats on my BMW have held up much better and work just as well.

Next time I'll probably get the rubber Volvo mats.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
377 Posts
UUUUgly
I would take the Volvo all weather mats anytime
I agree with you Jim, I got mine to throw on top of my carpet mats if I ended up somewhere muddy or with a ton of snow. The one nice thing with them is they will hold a quart of water & not let it run off into your carpets.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
If you only use them in that fashion, who cares what they look like as long as they work (which apparently they do).
I just would not want to look at those every day.
However, I can with the Volvo mats, they're very decent looking and I keep them in all my Volvos on a 24/7/365 basis

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I agree with you Jim, I got mine to throw on top of my carpet mats if I ended up somewhere muddy or with a ton of snow. The one nice thing with them is they will hold a quart of water & not let it run off into your carpets.
I use mine the other way around.
Rubbers as a base layer with
the regular carpets on top.
Nice carpets, protected floor.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I use mine the other way around.
Rubbers as a base layer with
the regular carpets on top.
Nice carpets, protected floor.
That's like wearing your socks on the outside of your boots, the dirt gets on the socks instead of the boots.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
They fit better that way, and if it's nasty out, the carpeted mats go in the back.
That way, they're always there, ready to go and I'm Ready for Anything!

Seriously, the way I see it, I'd rather be sure that the factory carpet on the
floor stays clean and dry. As long as the rubbers are in, the floor never gets wet.
Mats are a LOT easier to replace and rusted floor pans are the work of the devil !

·
Registered
190 Posts
+1 for the Volvo OEM rubber mats. Perfect fit and high quality rubber.
Many of the aftermarket products have a high mix of plastic in the
compound and just don't hold up. The Volvo mats remain supple
and flexible even at extreme temeratures. Good Stuff. :thumbup:
A double ++ on this one. The OEM Volvo rubber mats are pricey, but you get exactly what you pay for. I bought mine for my V70 four years ago and they look great and perform like a glove-fit in the winter, holding any water, snow, salt and ice that I drag into the car.

I believe the list cost from the dealer is now about $175... he'll let me have some new ones for our new XC70 we're getting soon for $150, but there's a Volvo place in Texas (?) that does mail order. Four years ago it was around $110 with free shipping. If I can remember the place, that's where I'll order the new mats.

Weather Tech makes a good, solid product, but I've hear from some Volvo owners that they don't quite form fit the back floor space on the V/XC70 as the OEM's do. I would not say they are a bad mat - just that folks are happier with the OEM product.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
$175? Are you joking!
4 mats (not the rear) cost about $115 RETAIL and cost +10% is about $88 or so

1 - 20 of 21 Posts