SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my flex pipe went bad, and before I put a new one on I'm looking at the motor mounts; how do I know when to change them?
The top torque mount and tiny ball of the lower torque mount were shot, but what about the rest?
Front mount, cable slightly slack (rear is same) mean it's due for replacement?

·
Registered
17,696 Posts
They all need it by age now just do them all it’s not a huge project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
897 Posts
So, my flex pipe went bad, and before I put a new one on I'm looking at the motor mounts; how do I know when to change them?
The top torque mount and tiny ball of the lower torque mount were shot, but what about the rest?
Front mount, cable slightly slack (rear is same) mean it's due for replacement?
On my 07 V70 180K
Top mount - IMO did not need replacement but replaced anyway because I bought it.
Passenger side mount - shot - replaced.
Forward lower mount - shot - replaced.
2 main engine mounts were fine. IMO did not replacement but replaced anyway because I bought them and I had to remove to inspect. I wasn't going to put them back in with all the effort it took to remove them.
Summary - only the passenger side mount and the lower forward mount really need to be replaced (on my car)

·
Registered
2004 XC70 AWD Auto
61 Posts
Interesting, was curious about this also. Guess it makes sense just to do them because of the age/wear.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Plus new subframe bushings. I have no idle vibrations on the steering wheel now, wow...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts