SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have an S70 GLT and it was recommended to replace rotors after replacing the brake pads twice. Does the P3 models have a similar recommendation?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I replace mine every time. Why? Because they're cheap and it just doesn't make sense to have them turned.

Also, if you buy from FCP, you get the set each time for the cost of shipping your old set back.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I replace mine every time. Why? Because they're cheap and it just doesn't make sense to have them turned.

Also, if you buy from FCP, you get the set each time for the cost of shipping your old set back.
Are you saying if you ship your old one back, they give you a new set for Free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
Are you saying if you ship your old one back, they give you a new set for Free?

I'm not him but yeah. Fcp has been bankrolling my yearly brake fluid/haldex/engine oil changes. Brake consumables are no different.
Usps Flat rate boxes are your friend when returning parts

Just remember you have to buy the replacement first then return the worn parts to get the refund on the replacement order.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm not him but yeah. Fcp has been bankrolling my yearly brake fluid/haldex/engine oil changes. Brake consumables are no different.
Usps Flat rate boxes are your friend when returning parts

Just remember you have to buy the replacement first then return the worn parts to get the refund on the replacement order.
Thank you. So if I buy the replacement and return the worn out, they give you the same amount you purchased the worn out part for ?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thank you. So if I buy the replacement and return the worn out, they give you the same amount you purchased the worn out part for ?
No. The refund is based on the replacement order.
To put it in practice: You pay $100 for the first rotor. 2 years later you pay $90 for a replacement rotor. You will get $90 back when you return the worn first rotor.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Not "free."

It costs about $40-45 to ship two rotors and pads to CT from here. So that would be the overall cost after refund. Given the typical sets you'd buy (Brembo/Textar or Zimmerman/Akebono) are around $180-200, that's still not a bad trade.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
As mentioned above: Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes are your friend for returning things... a large one is $20 anywhere in the country for up to 70lbs - will accommodate two rotors

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
As mentioned above: Flat Rate Priority Mail boxes are your friend for returning things... a large one is $20 anywhere in the country for up to 70lbs - will accommodate two rotors
Not two 316 mm rotors... I've tried. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
183 Posts
When I bought my XC60, the indy shop didn't catch the pads being completely worn out. To the point they started grinding against the rotors less than 1000 miles later. They warranted the job with new pads and rotors, but over time I've noticed that the rotors aren't smooth. Like the surface looks gouged...as if it's worn unevenly. I'm guessing they used the cheapest possible parts for the warranty work and the rotors will need to be done when the pads finally wear out.

Sidenote: This has not happened in the front, which were replaced with akebono pads and behr slotted/drilled rotors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts