SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 445 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our car is scheduled to arrive at dealer first week of Oct., when can I expect to receive the VIN? When did you get yours?

Thanks for sharing

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Not knowing through which port your car is going to arrive, I suspect your retailer should know its VIN by mid-September.

VIN is established when the order transcends from being a computer order to an actual chassis, on the assembly line.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Since I've seen a bunch of talk around VINs on this forum, I'm curious, is getting the VIN just used as a milestone to gauge when the car is built and consequently when it might arrive, or does it have some other significance as well?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I would also like to know how you guys have tracked the shipping of your car once it gets to port. Is the dealer providing this information or are you tracking through another mechanism?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
I would also like to know how you guys have tracked the shipping of your car once it gets to port. Is the dealer providing this information or are you tracking through another mechanism?

I believe you track it from this site once you get the VIN. Go to "track & trace" and then enter VIN in the customer reference number field.

http://www.2wglobal.com/

I do not have my VIN yet either and hope to get it in mid to late September since delivery date as indicated by Dealer as Oct. 24. Those who have already tracked their vehicles can chime in and make sure I've got this right.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I ordered first week of May and was told to expect July delivery. July became Oct once we got our confirm. Then in June it was moved up to August. Then 2 weeks ago I got my VIN and I was told last week of Sept. I think that date should stick because my vehicle was just received at the port (on their end not USA).

Mine is coming through NY. Anyone have experience on timeframe of Sweden to NY and then to dealer (Boston)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

Only the retailer has access to the car's status, once the vessel arrives at the port and unloads its cargo.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just received my VIN this past week but here is a timeline of events.....
6/29: Preordered & Deposit
6/29: Order confirmed as US #50XX (I missed order #5000 by just a few hours)
7/2: Sales manager confirmed order dates as 9/9 being in port and 9/25 being at the dealer. LDOC=7/30
7/29: Wife asked for 2 changes (I cross my fingers that doesn't scew things up)
8/2: Changes confirmed and dealer deliver bumped up to 9/24..... Still no VIN
8/25: VIN and Volvo system order status- Factory Complete
8/26: car is now at the port of Gotenburg waiting for ACL & WW to ship it across the pond. I'm hoping it makes the Atlantic Concert which departs tomorrow for Baltimore. Getting so close

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wow I ordered about 2 months before you and looks like they are coming in around the same time. My dealer was/is 100% useless in regards to info and updates.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Only the retailer has access to the car's status, once the vessel arrives at the port and unloads its cargo.
I don't believe they actually do. My dealer has been great and has to keep calling Volvo to find out where it is. The higher ups just keep throwing out dates that they know are not the truth. Mine has been at port for weeks now. I understand the 20 min part change, but that's 20 min!!! I am just calling the Fleet transportation company all the time now trying to find out if it has moved from the port yet. Volvo apparently has TERRIBLE logistics when it comes to getting the cars out of port- some may say it's the transporting company, but I put it on VCNA for sticking with them.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
I don't believe they actually do.
I understand that you may not believe they do; however, I know that they do.

My dealer has been great and has to keep calling Volvo to find out where it is..
Calling? It is all live on the internal order system; at any time, when they enter the VIN they can see where the car is. I understand they may not know, if the car is at the Port where it stands on the queue, but they do know when the car moves from "port processing" to "loaded on the truck" to "departed the port" to "arriving at the retailer"...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Woohoo! I got a VIN today. As per my salesperson, my car is "factory complete and awaiting its ship -- end of September is scheduled arrival." Expected arrival is 9/21/2015 to 9/25/2015, but I'm not sure if that is port delivery or its arrival at the dealership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Woohoo! I got a VIN today. As per my salesperson, my car is "factory complete and awaiting its ship -- end of September is scheduled arrival." Expected arrival is 9/21/2015 to 9/25/2015, but I'm not sure if that is port delivery or its arrival at the dealership.
XCDMW, can share with us when did you place the order? Mine was placed end of June, 2015.

Thanks all for sharing, this is the only way I get to know how good are the dates they give me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
XCDMW, can share with us when did you place the order? Mine was placed end of June, 2015
I placed the order (and gave a $2,000 deposit check) on Saturday, June 27, 2015, though the order may have been placed with Volvo on June 30, 2015.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I placed the order (and gave a $2,000 deposit check) on Saturday, June 27, 2015, though the order may have been placed with Volvo on June 30, 2015.

Did you know what your Last date of change was?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Did you know what your Last date of change was?
My last change date was 07/30/2015.
There is also something called "Prod Week," which was 201534 (if that represents the week of August 17th to 23rd).

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't believe they actually do. My dealer has been great and has to keep calling Volvo to find out where it is. The higher ups just keep throwing out dates that they know are not the truth. Mine has been at port for weeks now. I understand the 20 min part change, but that's 20 min!!! I am just calling the Fleet transportation company all the time now trying to find out if it has moved from the port yet. Volvo apparently has TERRIBLE logistics when it comes to getting the cars out of port- some may say it's the transporting company, but I put it on VCNA for sticking with them.
Do a Google search on 'Rail car shortage.' It is causing delivering delays all across the country. Every manufacturer is having difficulty getting vehicles delivered to their dealers.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
That ETA is for port arrival.

1 - 20 of 445 Posts