SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there my fellow Volvo lovers.

I'm not new to the Volvo brand as my first car was a 94 Volvo (don't ask me the Model I can't remember heh)

Now i have gotten me a new to me Volvo and i absolutely love the girl.... I can't wait to get her in 100% tip top shape as I've learned so much about Volvo and car care in general.

I've come with lots of questions that have been answered from prior expierences and good advice. (Probably one of the reasons shes still fighting and pushing through everything)

Now I've decided to be an official member so I can ask my own inquiries and get tips and tricks that everyone has learned

Volvo has won me over and I'm glad I decided to restore my title as a proud Volvo Owner (great family car) after going through and testing Chevy, Dodge, Lexus, and BMW... Volvo's come out on top and is the first choice to vehicles (second would be a chevy)

Now what really set me to do my own repairs was, I tried going to a Volvo dealership and trying the "recommended route" but after how I was treated it really kinda stung as I have heard great things about Volvo's Customer Care.

So please ANY advice or knowledge of 06 S40 2.4i non turbo, anything at all please feel free to let me know

I've put Volvo's slogan to the test and pushed the limits of the girl. Just a few days ago we slightly may have raced a mustang and wheras my girl smoothly shifted and had some get up and go to her, that stang forced his engine through those gears so he could mantain his speed (sounded loud and you could tell he was petal to the floor forcing the car to go), until we drifted onto a side alley and just left him (she drifted so nicely too.) As a familiar movie quote went "Its not whats under the hood, its about who's behind the wheel "

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hello there my fellow Volvo lovers.

I'm not new to the Volvo brand as my first car was a 94 Volvo (don't ask me the Model I can't remember heh)

Now i have gotten me a new to me Volvo and i absolutely love the girl.... I can't wait to get her in 100% tip top shape as I've learned so much about Volvo and car care in general.

I've come with lots of questions that have been answered from prior expierences and good advice. (Probably one of the reasons shes still fighting and pushing through everything)

Now I've decided to be an official member so I can ask my own inquiries and get tips and tricks that everyone has learned

Volvo has won me over and I'm glad I decided to restore my title as a proud Volvo Owner (great family car) after going through and testing Chevy, Dodge, Lexus, and BMW... Volvo's come out on top and is the first choice to vehicles (second would be a chevy)

Now what really set me to do my own repairs was, I tried going to a Volvo dealership and trying the "recommended route" but after how I was treated it really kinda stung as I have heard great things about Volvo's Customer Care.

So please ANY advice or knowledge of 06 S40 2.4i non turbo, anything at all please feel free to let me know

I've put Volvo's slogan to the test and pushed the limits of the girl. Just a few days ago we slightly may have raced a mustang and wheras my girl smoothly shifted and had some get up and go to her, that stang forced his engine through those gears so he could mantain his speed (sounded loud and you could tell he was petal to the floor forcing the car to go), until we drifted onto a side alley and just left him (she drifted so nicely too.) As a familiar movie quote went "Its not whats under the hood, its about who's behind the wheel "

That's absolutely right! I'll race anyone, have done 140 before, and love how surprised regular people are at how a station wagon can move like that. True sleepers. Welcome!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not gonna lie, my husband mostly is the more competitive driver as i try to drive safe... When i do drive

Though may be competitive, he drives safe and smart. He could make it as a stunt driver if he had the proper connections lol. Every wreck that he has been involved in, he is always found not at fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts