SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im kind of broke considering I have an exhaust and springs on the way but im still lining up some wheels. I heard that adapters wont work for our cars, is that true? If so the next step would be to redrill a set of wheels. Which would be better/safer to redrill 5x108, 5x112, or 5x120? I like these or bbs mesh style. I am open to suggestions, and in fact I want to see what wheels you guys know about...

RS's?

Modified by GetDown at 12:16 PM 3-18-2009

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Re: Wheels (GetDown)

Are you redrilling orange RSs for an S40? That's sick http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Raderwerks sells JDM Super RSs in any bolt pattern and in 17"- 18" diametres if you're looking to avoid the hassle of redrilling. What's the current bolt pattern on the wheels you're looking at?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Most people consider adapters unsafe to use or damaging to your car in the long run. A lot of people also say that redrilling is unsafe. I'd ask euro3b what his wheels were before he had them redrilled, as he is the only one that I know of (or at least comes to mind) that has redrilled some wheels. I think I saw someone on here with a set of sweet iForged mesh style wheels made for our cars, can't remember who though...

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
geee i wonder who that is.lol
i have read that redrilling is fine as long as it is within 5 size
e.g 112 to 108 = 4 sizes
I got quoted 200 for a set of 4 wheels.

o and with those wheels that s40 sould be sitting low.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

yea i talked to a guy at raderwerks about some mten80s and come to find out the RSs would work redrilled. Those oranges arent mine but WHEN i get the RS they will be orange....I love orange. I am just looking at wheels that look that they can be redrilled lol. I dont know much

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

Redrilling isn't too costly... a reputable wheel shop should be able to help ya out. You're gonna have to be slammed to pull RSs off well.... I look forward to pics because I love coloured wheels.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

Raderwerks is the poop, those MTEN-80c's have been calling me bad... if the advans dont turn out like planned definitely makin the switch to a matte black 80c.

As far as spacers/adapters thats a negative and redrilling can be very safe if done properly. Id check your local area for a respectable wheel company. And like mentioned for fine mesh wheels gotta be slammed otherwise they look odd.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ha ok ok check it, this thread has got me thinking. The goal for spring break/my birthday was to get EVOLVE: blue springs, t5 exhaust, and rear diffuser which would run me $1100 with the deal i got. What if i got all of those parts, but instead of paying someone a grand to install them, get some coils (maybe work out a deal) and work until i can get things installed. Maybe makes some calls and get them done free from a friend.....tell me what you think. Coil over suggestions...i cant seem to find any that can drop lower than 2 inches or so. If i am going to pay a grand i want something more serious then that.

Modified by GetDown at 6:05 PM 3-18-2009

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.