SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today was swap winter wheels for summer wheels day...

Before:

Damn, Inga is still a sexy B...

After:

Lighting sucked later in the afternoon, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
IDK, I kinda like those winter wheels better but that's just me. I think they both look good tho.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Makes it look like a 2.5T lol

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Enkeis look very OEM, almost like an Otrera, and I really liked the Superturismos, but I was able to get all four Enkeis for the cost of replacing two and mounting the tires on myself. And looking stock is fine, since I'm trying for a very unassuming look now that she is stage 3 and supposedly has over 400hp... but look for that post after I get her back on the dyno.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Do not like any...maybe the OZs. Bring the good ol wheels back Kelly.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And of course it snowed today after swapping my wheels/tires, this after hitting 85 on Sat, lol. Took the Elantra to work, since it has all seasons and was already dirty, gotta love life at 7,000'.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gotta say, liking the Enkeis more and more, because of the complex contours and detailing, still pictures don't do them justice, but as you walk up and away, they look very nice. Also neat how sometimes you see the spokes in a "U" shape (reminiscent of BBS or Vanilla), and others you see them in a "V" shape, like in this pic where fronts look different to me than the backs.

Of course, I'll still probably do different wheels next year because I'm me... :)

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quality over quantity... if the car was lowered and the wheels were 2" bigger the second wheels would be cool...
I ran TME springs in 2006, sold them 2007, didn't like scraping everything and honestly, don't like the lowered look, prefer an even space on sides and top of wheel (but agree the rear end sits up too high in a "cat in heat" stance as coined by Sue Esponte). But seriously, you think I should run 20s? I thought about 19s before, but lost two 18" OZs last September at night when city was doing road work and didn't put a sign saying 2" scraped ridge dead ahead, will destroy your wheels...

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Iss gots me them same wheels...when I move back to the sun we gotta meet up! Your over in Tampa right? I'm from Cocoa Beach...(actually Merritt Island)
Umm, does my location not show up in my profile info? Was in Panama City 2006-2008, but haven't been back since,(Middle East, then Monterey CA after that) just kept my plate for obvious reasons. Currently in Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Umm, does my location not show up in my profile info? Was in Panama City 2006-2008, but haven't been back since,(Middle East, then Monterey CA after that) just kept my plate for obvious reasons. Currently in Colorado Springs.
Dang...see being from the south I never really learned how to read....I just guess at the pretty pictures.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dang...see being from the south I never really learned how to read....I just guess at the pretty pictures.
Lol, that's funny. If you are ever in Colorado, send me an IM, there are a bunch of Volvo enthusiasts here.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts