SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to pick up used 19" wheels for winter tires.
In classified mostly for sale are wheels from XC90 with offset 42.5mm instead of 50.5mm for XC40.
What will be result if I install those wheels? Right now I have 8x20" wheels, XC90 wheels are 8x19".
Thanks

·
Registered
13,510 Posts
Assuming that the bolt pattern and center bore are the same, the wheels will be pushed out a slight amount, which based on this being an SUV with typically lots of clearance to the fender you should be okay.

The other thing you'd normally be concerned with going to a smaller wheel would be clearance around the front brakes but since this is an XC40 you should be okay.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, the bolt pattern looks like the same, 5x108, but what a center bore for both?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I'm trying to pick up used 19" wheels for winter tires.
In classified mostly for sale are wheels from XC90 with offset 42.5mm instead of 50.5mm for XC40.
What will be result if I install those wheels? Right now I have 8x20" wheels, XC90 wheels are 8x19".
Thanks
I'd love to see and XC40 with XC90 wheels.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to see and XC40 with XC90 wheels.
It's what I'm trying to achieve.
I need winter wheels, and I don't want crappy 18", Volvo suggest in its package. Not to mention, they are pretty expensive. I can pick up here on classified sections nicely priced , lightly used 19" form XC90 or 60 for half a price. But I need to be sure, they fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts