SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone shed light on wheel fit for snow tires? I always just have 2 full sets of wheel/tires (8 total) so I don't mess with remount/balance every year, and can beat the winter wheels without concern.
I spoke with VovoErie today, and they thought only 17" or 18" Pegasus wheels would fit an R, but weren't 100% sure. Can anyone advise if that's correct? There are numerous 5x108 wheels out there for a lot less $$- If I can avoid buying Pegs, I'll be happy as a clam.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
OEM Volvo wheels, Pegs are pretty much the only direct bolt on option that will clear the brakes. There are some other Volvo wheels that will fit with spacers. There are a good amount of aftermarket options that will bolt right on. Here's a good thread that has some options:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?277705-P2R-Compatible-Aftermarket-Wheel-Guide

If you're close by and prefer Volvo wheels, I've got a used set of Pegs for sale in the classifieds.

·
Registered
13,505 Posts
Tirerack always has a decent selection of cheapies for a winter set up that will work for a decent price.

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
793 Posts
I've had a set of the sport edition 5 spokes that clear the R brakes for 9 years now. on their 3rd set winter tires now and still running strong. They're pretty beat up from the salt and wear/tear, but still holding up just fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you send a picture of the Sport 5 spokes- I'm not familiar with them.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I've got my summer tires on my Enkeis, and the winter tread is going on to my Pegs...

AFA size, you gotta be at 17" or larger Pegs or other large inner clearance wheels to work.

There used to be a brake fit/no fit template guide here on the R forum you could print and try the wheels out before you bought them... showed minimum clearance on the Brembos... you might look for that.

FOUND IT!

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?477033-Wheel-caliper-clearance&highlight=brake+wheel+template

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
18" OEM Pegs for my winters

·
Registered
291 Posts
There are a lot of options for wheels other than Pegs and looks great! Bought my set at Tirerack and their wheel selection wizard identifies all the wheels with the correct offset which will clear the brakes.

GLM

·
Registered
2,569 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
sent you a pm, I have a set of practically new sport edition wheel and tires.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I’be got 18” pegs with Potenzas and 17” pegs with iceguards that have a taller wall and with the tread end up being almost the same OD. I don’t drive in the snow often, but its nice to have...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
91 Posts
Lots of previous discussion about wheel sizes. I expect most Volvo 17 inch wheels will work but you will require spacers to clear the Brembos. I run 215/50 winter tires on 17 inch Volvo Thor rims with 10mm spacers. In my opinion the car handles and rides better with this combination on the rough roads where I live.

Bruce

1 - 15 of 15 Posts