SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awaiting my 2010 V50 R-design 6 speed in Orinoco Blue (military overseas custom order) and the only wheels offered are 17" Serapis.

What other wheels will fit?

Are 18" wheels available?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Joe

·
Registered
714 Posts
Re: wheels for 2010 V50 AWD R-design (bmwr69s)

Hey there...

I believe the 18" Midir wheel will fit from the FWD S40 T5 and it comes in two styles. Both are very good-lookin wheels. You can see the Midir wheel on the volvo website under the interactive gallery section for the S40.

T

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Re: wheels for 2010 V50 AWD R-design (greencow)

Quote, originally posted by greencow »
You can either check out tirerack, or search for anything with a 5x108 bolt pattern.

Tirerack's wheel choices for our cars is limited and crappy imo...

·
Registered
773 Posts
Volvo cars will only go up to 17" if it's an AWD.

I'm waiting for my 2010 S40 T5.... Should be here around late Aug.

Got mine from the Jaguar/Land Rover/Volvo military sales over in the UK (RAF Lakenheath)

Are you @ Ramstein?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (USAF 2010 T5)

I'm AWD and currently have 19x8" wheels with 235/35/19 tires, and have had 19x8.5" in the past without problems, and I am lowered with the blue Evolve springs (1.5" F and 1.4" R drop). I like the looks of 19"s the most, but 18"s are the best compromise between performance and looks for our cars.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: (carreragt7)

And im sure you do, but STOCK volvo rims will only go up to 17" for an AWD.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

I was just making sure the OP didn't get confused and think the AWD Volvos can't have any wheels larger than 17"s. The way the sentence was worded I wasn't sure if you meant stock or any wheels. Thanks for the CLARIFICATION.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Re: wheels for 2010 V50 AWD R-design (bmwr69s)

You may want to talk to your military sales agent again, I never checked on my V50 but I know other models have other factory wheel options available, here's a link with a few of the options and as its says that's not everything that is available for the military sales.

http://www.volvocars.com/milit....aspx

·
Registered
923 Posts
Re: wheels for 2010 V50 AWD R-design (Veefifty T5AWD)

Quote, originally posted by Veefifty T5AWD »

Tirerack's wheel choices for our cars is limited and crappy imo...

Agreed. Thats why I said screw that, and just got a set of 18's with the right bolt pattern and offset http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

As long as it clears the brakes, and doesn't rub the fender wall, you're butter.

·
Registered
632 Posts
wheel choices are almost endless for the volvos actually... u just need to find a place that sells rims and have them ask which manufacturer will do a custom setup for u... most manufacturers will!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: wheels for 2010 V50 AWD R-design (greencow)

Quote, originally posted by greencow »

Agreed. Thats why I said screw that, and just got a set of 18's with the right bolt pattern and offset http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

But also, 8" wide tires give the car a really nice aggressive look. I hate how some S40's come with 7" tires (or are they smaller?), and it makes the car look wimpy from the back side. Just my opinion.

So while you may be looking at rim diameter, also pay attention to the width.

·
Registered
156 Posts

Do the 19" wheels rub at all? I've still got my stock wheels on my AWD V50 and get a horrific rubbing noise when I approach full steer
... Any wisdom would be most appreciated!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.