SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was thinking about going with these rims " Bremmer Kraft BR09 .. its a chinese company but the wheels look pretty nice. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&autoMake=Volvo&autoModel=S40&autoYear=2010&autoModClar=T5+R-Design+AWD&initialPartNumber=BR988508S4572HS&i1_Qty=4&wheelMake=Bremmer+Kraft&wheelModel=BR09&wheelFinish=Hyper+Silver&wheelFinish=Hyper+Silver&showRear=no

now that iv lowered my car the tire sizes i was looking at and from what i read, i was thinking 235/40R18 ... or do you guys think i might rub?

im a big fan of the michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus .. but i was thinking of going with the new Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position ... anyone have experiance with either of these tires?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
8" width? anyways, i think you will be fine at that size.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
They kind of look like those Vanilla Rims... But why would a brand call itself "Bremmer Kraft"? Spellt "Bremer Kraft" wrong? :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
+45 18/8 is almost stock. youll be fine in regards to rub. if there is the same wheel with 18/8.5 +45 offset, then that would look awsome with 235/40/18.
i am running 19s with 8.5 with +38 flushed with 225/35 semi stretched look.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah im gonna go 18x8. i wasnt looking for the stretched look because i want some meat to my tires to protect the rims and keep the ride comfortable. the roads in NJ are garbage so im definitly looking for a nice sidewall. thus why i was leaning twords the 235/40 ... and the new bridgestones are gettin great reviews, unlike the michelin's which people are reviewing to have a weak sidewall.

They kind of look like those Vanilla Rims... But why would a brand call itself "Bremmer Kraft"? Spellt "Bremer Kraft" wrong? :D
my point exactly lol, i love the vanilla rims, but i didnt wanna run 19's.... daim im not too sure whatch you mean by the name thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So i was thinking about going with these rims " Bremmer Kraft BR09 .. its a chinese company but the wheels look pretty nice. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&autoMake=Volvo&autoModel=S40&autoYear=2010&autoModClar=T5+R-Design+AWD&initialPartNumber=BR988508S4572HS&i1_Qty=4&wheelMake=Bremmer+Kraft&wheelModel=BR09&wheelFinish=Hyper+Silver&wheelFinish=Hyper+Silver&showRear=no

now that iv lowered my car the tire sizes i was looking at and from what i read, i was thinking 235/40R18 ... or do you guys think i might rub?

im a big fan of the michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus .. but i was thinking of going with the new Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Position ... anyone have experiance with either of these tires?
I've got about 400 miles on a new set of RE970AS Pole Position and from first impressions I'm pretty happy...

I got 225/40/18s and I'm loving the look... I'll post some pics after I get my car back today with new bilsteins up front and springs all around... Early impressions though are these all season tires are a blast to drive... I can hit corners and off ramps hard (60+ on a full clover) without any skid or skipping across the turn (and this was with worn out struts all around... wait until I have eibach springs installed and get a bit lower in stance)
There is a little hunting at highway speed where the steering wheel can pull a little into bumps/potholes but very, very minimal...
Road noise is there but not overly loud... I can't say much for wear but this tire performs well and has good grip even on wet road conditions... haven't tried any snow yet but those are my thoughts for now...

If you are a costco member you can get a set of 4 bridgestone tires with $70 off the price plus an additional $30 off the install cost (and they do great work at my local costco tire center... mounted new rims without a mark on them and hand torqued/filled with nitrogen).
Check out their website and you can see the deal I'm talking about... I ended up paying $835 for a set of 4. that price was all in... Tires w Tax/Shipping, mounting, balancing, put on car and retorque after 25 mi. (also includes lifetime switches to winter set as long as you are the original owner of the tires and still remain a costco member)

(It costs $50 to join costco so it may be worth it just for the deal... you'd end up saving $50 instead of $100 but you'd also have a year of costco membership you can use...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got about 400 miles on a new set of RE970AS Pole Position and from first impressions I'm pretty happy...

I got 225/40/18s and I'm loving the look... I'll post some pics after I get my car back today with new bilsteins up front and springs all around... Early impressions though are these all season tires are a blast to drive... I can hit corners and off ramps hard (60+ on a full clover) without any skid or skipping across the turn (and this was with worn out struts all around... wait until I have eibach springs installed and get a bit lower in stance)
There is a little hunting at highway speed where the steering wheel can pull a little into bumps/potholes but very, very minimal...
Road noise is there but not overly loud... I can't say much for wear but this tire performs well and has good grip even on wet road conditions... haven't tried any snow yet but those are my thoughts for now...
Hey thanks for the feedback! at tirerack for a set of 4 it only costs $764.00 so im gonna definitly get them and the rims from tirerack... im thinking of also buying a set of TPMS sensors for them so i dont have to take my originals off my oem rims. and risk the possibility of breaking them .. also i think if i buy the tpms sensors from them also i can have everything put together/ mounted and balanced all from tirerack!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey thanks for the feedback! at tirerack for a set of 4 it only costs $764.00 so im gonna definitly get them and the rims from tirerack... im thinking of also buying a set of TPMS sensors for them so i dont have to take my originals off my oem rims. and risk the possibility of breaking them .. also i think if i buy the tpms sensors from them also i can have everything put together/ mounted and balanced all from tirerack!
That's a good price... don't forget to add the cost of shipping on that (736 + $45 (for me to my zip code) would've been just under 800 and by paying another $40 (Total paid from Costco $825) I get mounting, balancing and lifetime rotation on the tires... But however you end up acquiring them I would say that these are great tires and well worth the upgrade!
Still haven't had much run-in with wet weather yet... I've driven through a bit of rain but it was 'subdued' driving so it wasn't pushing the tires really at all but they felt firm as h*ll and practically glued to the road...

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Not bad looking wheels. Curious to see how concave they really are, they always use the pics from a nice low offset wheel. Offset and width won't be aggressive stanced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts