1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
144 Posts
I watched it online a little while back. It was cool, but I was hoping they would tear into it a bit more..... guess they got a good one with very few issues. Considering what they've done on other cars, though, I was kinda disappointed.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I was surprised how little rust it had. Sorry if you guys had already seen this online, but I thought it was a new episode...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I guess after watching alot of American shows, I was disappointed it was just a patch it up show. It looked like a very nice car to start with, and it could have been a very nice car with just a few more things done, but they didnt really do anything more than our average tote the note car lots do.

I also might add.. Who negotiates by only taking 250 pounds off the asking price, and then settles for full price? I smell a plant.. LOL

·
Registered
144 Posts
I guess after watching alot of American shows, I was disappointed it was just a patch it up show. It looked like a very nice car to start with, and it could have been a very nice car with just a few more things done, but they didnt really do anything more than our average tote the note car lots do.

I also might add.. Who negotiates by only taking 250 pounds off the asking price, and then settles for full price? I smell a plant.. LOL
On some other episodes they have done extensive bodywork (including metalwork) and mechanical repairs, but only once have I seen them (or at least Ed the mechanic) make performance upgrades. That was on an old '50s Chevy truck that they added a dual carb setup to. I like the show, but it never fails to piss me off when he sells the cars at the end..... it usually goes something like this: "After the such and such purchase price, and the blah de blah spent on blah blah blah, we're looking to net a tidy profit of 250 quid on this crackin' little motor. Hello, profit city!" Nevermind that Ed just did a full resto with dozens of hours of work..... If that was me and I did all that work so that other jackass could sell it on for 250 pounds over expenses I'm pretty sure he would end up with a spanner sideways in the boot!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I think what I like about the show is the different/unusual cars they sell. The have done quite a few that I had never heard of. I guess that has a lot to do with filming in England and I live in the Pacific NW. All I know is it has brought more attention to our cars and we may have a few more poeple looking at buying one. That makes my net worth happy. :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the "profit" never seems to make up for the hours and hours of labor. But, still fun to watch. Was the interior in that P1800S original? If so, it was amazing.

Also, I wonder if the green P1800 they show at the beginning belongs to the host.

They also did a 9-3 convertible a few episodes ago that (surprise surprise) needed a new turbo - that was a good one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts