SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I drive a 2008 C30 on the 17" Mestra wheels. I found a great deal on a set of 18" Sleipner wheels (from the 2012 S60 T6). The center bore and offsets shouldn't be an issue. But, apparently "they use a different setup (studs&nuts vs wheel bolts) and the fact that one is an M12 and one is M14, it may take a different type of nut/bolt seat, which may be difficult to make work."

Has anyone here done a similar swap putting new wheels on an older car? What should I do? Will it work? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
They'll fit no problem, many have already swapped the wheels onto P1s. Both your car and the newer Volvos used studs and nuts. Bolt holes in wheels are irrelevant to stud threading.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They'll fit no problem, many have already swapped the wheels onto P1s. Both your car and the newer Volvos used studs and nuts. Bolt holes in wheels are irrelevant to stud threading.
Thats what I thought but him and a few others on the local car page advised against it. But if I use my current bolts shouldn't I be fine???

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Thats what I thought but him and a few others on the local car page advised against it. But if I use my current bolts shouldn't I be fine???
You don't have bolts, you have studs and lug nuts. They'll fit no problem at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts