SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at aftermarket wheels for my stock 05, V50 t5 AWD

Tire size 205/50 R17, stock suspension, OEM wheel size 17x7, 52.5mm offset.

When I look at aftermarket wheels, I am seeing mostly 7.5 width and smaller offsets.
When I plug in a 7.5 and 40mm offset into an offset calculator, I get 6mm gained on the inside(the inside of the wheel to the strut housing), but 18mm closer to the fender (position of the outside edge of the wheel).

Do you guys have experience on when I will start to rub?
What wheel/tire sizes are you running?

·
Registered
420 Posts
looking at aftermarket wheels for my stock 05, V50 t5 AWD

Tire size 205/50 R17, stock suspension, OEM wheel size 17x7, 52.5mm offset.

When I look at aftermarket wheels, I am seeing mostly 7.5 width and smaller offsets.
When I plug in a 7.5 and 40mm offset into an offset calculator, I get 6mm gained on the inside(the inside of the wheel to the strut housing), but 18mm closer to the fender (position of the outside edge of the wheel).

Do you guys have experience on when I will start to rub?
What wheel/tire sizes are you running?
we've been putting 19x8.5 / +40 w/ 235/35-19 + Lowering springs.. almost little to non rubbing issues. hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
19x8 / +38 / 225/35-19 + eibach springs. no rubbing. (its pretty close though)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
What size wheels are you looking at and what's your goal? Are you just looking to fill up the wheel well without lowering? Will you be lowering in the future?

I would say that 18x8.5 with a +40mm offset and 235/40/18 rubber would be ideal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
goal is to replace beat up rims and use the same tires as I am very happy with the grip and performance and they have much life left.
I am not going to lower until i replace the shocks (they are fine now)
If I lower it will be subtle. I do not like lowered cars very much.
I am all about performance and handling over looks and am happy with my current stock stance. Just want no rubbing from the new setup.
So looking for 17" with the current 205/50/17
I was going to replace the Sagittas, but now looking at other wheels due to the price of sagittas.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
You have 23mm to flush in the front on a V50 and 28mm to flush in the rear. When you use the offset calc. as long as you are under or equal to 23/28 you'll be fine, especially since your at stock height.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you have 23mm to flush in the front on a v50 and 28mm to flush in the rear. When you use the offset calc. As long as you are under or equal to 23/28 you'll be fine, especially since your at stock height.
thanks!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have 18x8 pegs. 225/40/18. No rubbing. Lowered
final offset of 35 upfront and 25 in the rear.
I'd like to go 5mm wider up front and 10 more in the back but that's not safe (because of spacers)

·
Registered
12 Posts
How do you do that? I have 18x8 with an ET of 42 and my wheels are completely flush with the fender in the front.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Mine has about 2-3mm of poke. But running a little bit of negative camber in the front so It doesnt rub at all. It's not hard to do. Handles like a boss
If wanted to go with a wider tire then i'd have to put a 5mm spacer back on in the front, cuttin it close but it's perfect

1 - 12 of 12 Posts