SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago I took my car in for 90k service and they supposedly balanced and rotated my wheels but today I went to paint my calipers and my rear driver side wheel is completely stuck on. I double checked to make sure i took off all the lugs :p and I did but was completely unable to get my wheel off. Started to make me wonder if they rotated them at all? How long does it take for the wheel to get seized on is main question? Its been 70 and one day of rain since then. They screwed me on a few other things during the service and didn't return either of my calls. I know they've been lazy on a few other insignificant things but now I'm sick of it.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
kick the crap out of it and see if there is rust built up...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I used to have this problem on my previous car (haven't reached enough miles to rotate my wheels yet on the new vehicle). Every 5,000 miles or so I would rotate the wheels and the rears would stick like a beaotch. What I would do is put a 2 x 4 against the inner side of the tire and smack it with a sledge hammer until it came off. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks :) some rust fell of when i smacked the wheel with my hand. Wasn't sure of the proper procedure so i didn't go nuts. i'll give it a better whack tomorrow and see if I can free it

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Mule kick it. I have to do that with all of my wheels on my 850. The V70 is fine though lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Better make sure you support the vehicle properly, or you might get a surprise when you start beating on it.
If you have alloy rims, they dont like the metal in the hubs/rotors. Some nice corrosion builds up in there, and if you have to smack it off and then bolt it right back on it will be stuck again. Wire brush the hub and the wheel, the crap will come right off, and your good to go.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Better make sure you support the vehicle properly, or you might get a surprise when you start beating on it.
If you have alloy rims, they dont like the metal in the hubs/rotors. Some nice corrosion builds up in there, and if you have to smack it off and then bolt it right back on it will be stuck again. Wire brush the hub and the wheel, the crap will come right off, and your good to go.
Lol, I guess I should probably wire brush it next time I take my wheels off. Good call, why the hell didn't I think of that?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeahhh. didn't have any supports at all so didn't go nuts hitting it. seen cars fall from jacks and happily no one was underneath. gonna take it to a proper shop and try to get it off and make sure its taken care of cause if i get a flat im gonna sol with an expensive tow to pay for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts