SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to stick with the stock rims for a while till I get the $ flow to look at some nice 18x9's or so. The stock chromies are nice but a little tucked away and the wheel base is a little narrower than ideal. I've seen these wheel spacers that bring the rims out 5-25mm in 5mm incriments. They seem very easy to place. What do you guys think? I think it will look nice cuz the stock rims are a little tucked away under there. It will probably feel much better as well. I got the ipd springs comin' in within the next couple days to supplement the spacers I wanna order.<P>

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of handling differences will be felt, but by using spacers, you're drastically changing the wheel offset.<P>If nothing else, you'll end up with uneven tyre wear - although lowering the car will give you that too!<P>I'm sure you've already given it thought, but make sure you get some longer wheel bolts...<P>

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, once everything is in I'll get it all aligned. using adobe photshop I messed around with what it might look like when it's done, I think it's gonna be pretty sweet. The c70's have a beefy back end and need a wider wheelbase to fill it out a little in my opinion. We'll see how it goes.<P>

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by biggerhurt38:<BR><B>yeah, once everything is in I'll get it all aligned. using adobe photshop I messed around with what it might look like when it's done, I think it's gonna be pretty sweet. The c70's have a beefy back end and need a wider wheelbase to fill it out a little in my opinion. We'll see how it goes.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>If only the C70 was RWD.<P>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts