SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to stick with the stock rims for a while till I get the $ flow to look at some nice 18x9's or so. The stock chromies are nice but a little tucked away and the wheel base is a little narrower than ideal. I've seen these wheel spacers that bring the rims out 5-25mm in 5mm incriments. They seem very easy to place. What do you guys think? I think it will look nice cuz the stock rims are a little tucked away under there. It will probably feel much better as well. I got the ipd springs comin' in within the next couple days to supplement the spacers I wanna order.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of handling differences will be felt, but by using spacers, you're drastically changing the wheel offset.

If nothing else, you'll end up with uneven tyre wear - although lowering the car will give you that too!

I'm sure you've already given it thought, but make sure you get some longer wheel bolts...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, once everything is in I'll get it all aligned. using adobe photshop I messed around with what it might look like when it's done, I think it's gonna be pretty sweet. The c70's have a beefy back end and need a wider wheelbase to fill it out a little in my opinion. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by biggerhurt38:
yeah, once everything is in I'll get it all aligned. using adobe photshop I messed around with what it might look like when it's done, I think it's gonna be pretty sweet. The c70's have a beefy back end and need a wider wheelbase to fill it out a little in my opinion. We'll see how it goes.

If only the C70 was RWD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts