SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Spacers

Hi everyone. First off thanks to everyone in the forum for taking the time to look and answer my questions.

Now to the real questions I did a search for wheel spacers for the S60R in the forum and I found that there was a possbile group buy for 10mm Eibach ones. I think Rkelly was trying to arrange this. Did it ever develop? Also I found another post saying that at VPtuning 5mm spacers were available but when I went to order them I'm not exactly sure how to choose them since they have a 5mm and a 15mm spacers listed. Also the link for the extended bolts comes up saying no product. Any information would help as my eibach springs have just been prdered and it seems that everyone feels that spacers are a neccesity when lowering the car. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
i used 5mm front and 15mm rear. looks great.

you can buy them online from several vendors and they will send you the right bolts wtih the spacers.

I bought the Svenske 5mm spacer fro the front and I got the H&R 15mm for the rear.

the H&R spacers is EXTREMELY nicely made, whereas the Svenske spacer looks like a hack job. the Svenske spacer works fine, but if I had it to do over again, I'd buy the H&R front and dump the SVR spacer...it looks cheap.

get H&R front and rear. 5mm front and 15mm rear. once you lower the car you really need spacers in teh back...teh wheels tuck in a lot and it looks like the wheels sunk itno the wheel wells...

once my spacers went on, the car looked much nicer.

·
Premium Member
12,504 Posts
Re: (23109VC)

Quote, originally posted by 23109VC »
the H&R spacers is EXTREMELY nicely made, whereas the Svenske spacer looks like a hack job. the Svenske spacer works fine, but if I had it to do over again, I'd buy the H&R front and dump the SVR spacer...it looks cheap..

I have only seen the SvR 5mm one.... it was a water/garnet cut part and as such has a hewn look.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: (mtbrider)

When one buys 15mm spacers (lets say for the rear wheels), and needs new bolts, what exactly does this mean? Do the existing bolts have to be removed and the new ones put in...or are these "extensions" to the current bolts to allow for the greater length??

If new bolts need to be put on, is this a DIY, or does a mechanic need to get involved?

5mm spacers do not need new bolts, right?

·
Registered
333 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mtbrider »
Where did you purchase your H&R wheel spacers?

Bump that ........ want to get a set of 5mm ft and 15mm for back ---- VP tuning ?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (blf)

Anyone have 10 or 15mm spacers on the rear?
If so, a picture sure would be nice.
(I have 5mm all around)

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

i used 5mm front and 15mm rear. looks great.

you can buy them online from several vendors and they will send you the right bolts wtih the spacers.

I bought the Svenske 5mm spacer fro the front and I got the H&R 15mm for the rear.

the H&R spacers is EXTREMELY nicely made, whereas the Svenske spacer looks like a hack job. the Svenske spacer works fine, but if I had it to do over again, I'd buy the H&R front and dump the SVR spacer...it looks cheap.

get H&R front and rear. 5mm front and 15mm rear. once you lower the car you really need spacers in teh back...teh wheels tuck in a lot and it looks like the wheels sunk itno the wheel wells...

once my spacers went on, the car looked much nicer.

I thought the spacers were to give extra tire clearance to reduce tire rub, didn't think there was any cosmetic point to them...so can you actually see the spacers with the wheel mounted?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
i have 15mm spacers on the rear. I'll upload a pic later today.

you need all new bolts for 15mm spacers. they are new bolts, which are about 15mm LONGER than the factory bolts.

·
Registered
333 Posts

i have 15mm spacers on the rear. I'll upload a pic later today.

you need all new bolts for 15mm spacers. they are new bolts, which are about 15mm LONGER than the factory bolts.

Where did you get the H&R's ?

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
Anyone have 10 or 15mm spacers on the rear?
If so, a picture sure would be nice.
(I have 5mm all around)

The information and number on the box,

The longer wheel bolts which have to be ordered with it,

Again the information and number on the box,

Impressions,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can the S60 spacers work on the R? i have been able to find spacers for the S60 but the R is another story?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Of course, same bolt pattern

·
Registered
5,230 Posts

VPTuning sells a number of different wheel spacer kits. We stock 5mm and 15mm H&R spacer kits with extended wheel bolts.

This week we will announce a 10mm spacer kit group buy. The 10mm spacers by H&R are not available for the US market; we will be special ordering a large batch of them.

If you have any questions about which spacer kit to purchase, please feel free to email me at [email protected] http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (George @ VPTuning)

How much for two (2) 10mm spacers and the ten (10) appropriate lugs?
JRL

·
Registered
5,230 Posts

Quote, originally posted by JRL »
How much for two (2) 10mm spacers and the ten (10) appropriate lugs?
JRL

You will be able to order the 10mm spacer kit starting on 10/03/05 via the following link:

http://www.vptuning.com/parts/...id=48

The introductory group buy price for the first 25 orders will be 149.99 plus s/h. After the group buy ends, we will maintain stock at the regular price of 169.99 plus s/h (same price as the 15mm spacer kit).

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (George @ VPTuning)

FOR 2 ????
WOW, steep

1 - 20 of 94 Posts