SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm wanting to buy some spacers for my '13 RD but I cannot seem to find pictures and specifications of what others are running. I don't want to just jump in and buy something that doesn't look/perform well.

If you have a P3 with spacers, could you please post a picture or two, and what size spacer you're running and whether it's on the front or the rear.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I ran 25mm H+R spacers on the rear of my XC. The look was Perfect. Unfortunately, the fitment was not, and I was getting some rub from the fender on turns and large bumps. This was in part due to my 10yr old shocks sagging out as well as running aftermarket wheels with a wider offset, but either way that's something to consider If you choose to install them. The quality of the H+R spacers is great--they are perfectly hubcentric--and I will be reinstalling them once I lift it.

I'd share pics if you like, but fear it would be totally irrelevant since it is a completely different vehicle for a different purpose.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
A wider stance would look great on our S60s, especially in the back.
It looks like the kit comes with two spacers so one would need two for all 4 wheels. Not cheap at $300.
Some people say that will affect the life of the wheel bearing. I have no opinion on that :confused:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
In most cases on volvos the front wheels are fairly close to flush with the fenders so it's less of an issue. However I would say that 10mm fronts and 25mm rears would look pretty great on the S/V60 if fender clearance allows it. I know I'll be looking to install at least a rear set if I get this V.

·
Registered
369 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have these. The kit includes 2 so you can just throw them on the rear. They do the trick perfectly.
Two things...
1) I could just jack up the car, take the wheel off as if I were changing a flat tire, add the spacer, bolt the wheel on...right in my own garage, correct?
2) I could d the same to the front if I chose to buy two kits (and I did my homework about tire rub and proper clearance, correct?

Thanks for reading, let me know your thoughts.
Greg

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone got pics of them installed? I would like to see the flushness to the fender.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Two things...
1) I could just jack up the car, take the wheel off as if I were changing a flat tire, add the spacer, bolt the wheel on...right in my own garage, correct?
2) I could d the same to the front if I chose to buy two kits (and I did my homework about tire rub and proper clearance, correct?

Thanks for reading, let me know your thoughts.
Greg
I would only do the rears; the fronts are fine (or you'll rub and/or look too wide compared to the rear). This kit comes with extended bolts so it should be plug-n-play. Considering myself, after having a warranty discussion with my service manager next week.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I ran 25mm H+R spacers on the rear of my XC. The look was Perfect. Unfortunately, the fitment was not, and I was getting some rub from the fender on turns and large bumps. This was in part due to my 10yr old shocks sagging out as well as running aftermarket wheels with a wider offset, but either way that's something to consider If you choose to install them. The quality of the H+R spacers is great--they are perfectly hubcentric--and I will be reinstalling them once I lift it.

I'd share pics if you like, but fear it would be totally irrelevant since it is a completely different vehicle for a different purpose.
Also keep in mind that the V60 RD's don't have as much tire to fender gap as the XC60 RD... I think 15mm is a safe size for the V60 RD rears (w/ OEM 55mm ET wheels).

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I would only do the rears; the fronts are fine (or you'll rub and/or look too wide compared to the rear). This kit comes with extended bolts so it should be plug-n-play. Considering myself, after having a warranty discussion with my service manager next week.
I'm considering it myself too since it would give the back a mean look :)
I wish the kit was a little less expensive.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks, Pete!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I'm considering it myself too since it would give the back a mean look :)
I wish the kit was a little less expensive.
IMO, it puts the rear track where it should be. Never understood why Volvo has the rear so set-in on their vehicles, especially with the stock rear toe-out they have? I'm sure there's an engineering reason behind it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Firstly, thanks for replying and getting this discussion going.

Secondly, I was considering running 15mm H&R spacers in the REAR and either nothing or 5mm spacers on the FRONT.

What do you all think? I rand something similar on my E90 BMW 335 sport package and it looked perfect on it.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The above sounds perfect. Start with the 15s in the rear and see how it looks then add the 5s upfront if needed.

·
Registered
137 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts