SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched long and hard and haven't found what I'm looking for. Just wondering if anyone has the dimensions for wheel spacers for our R's? I have access to the materials and tooling to make my own but can't get measurments without tearing the car apart. Just hoping someone has a set lying around they haven't installed yet and would be willing to take some measurments. I think $100 for wheel spacers per end is highway robbery. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
276 Posts
How big of a spacer are you looking for?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
hmm.. sounds like you want to make your own spacer.

I think the measurements of 5x108 PCD, the diameter of the rotor hat, and to replicate the hub size with 65 mm center bore. This also depends if you want a spacer greater than 5mm.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
I'm looking 10mm fronts and 15mm rears.
Honestly, I'm not sure this forum would have the exact details and dimensions you need to machine your own spacer. Volvo has been using this design for decades with a 65mm center bore and 5x108 PCD so sites like TurboBricks or Volvospeed might have had users who've gone through this process.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Check out this guy. A friend of mine recommended them to me.
http://novustech.ca/ebay-store/
I don't have any first hand experience but his prices were reasonable. I planned to buy from him but ended up getting myself in a position where I wanted to have them on short notice and didn't want to deal with the posibility of delays since they come from Canada.

These are the prices he quoted me in January
5mm - $40/pair
10mm - $50/pair
bolts - $25/pack of 10pcs

shipping to USA $16+$4/additional item.

When I go home for lunch today I can grab one of the 5mm spacers I have and scan the whole thing for you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks a lot. I'll put a post over there and hope someone here or there will have the info. If not I can always take the thing apart and get my own measurments. Just trying to avoid deadlining the car if I don't have to.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check out this guy. A friend of mine recommended them to me.
http://novustech.ca/ebay-store/
I don't have any first hand experience but his prices were reasonable. I planned to buy from him but ended up getting myself in a position where I wanted to have them on short notice and didn't want to deal with the posibility of delays since they come from Canada.

These are the prices he quoted me in January
5mm - $40/pair
10mm - $50/pair
bolts - $25/pack of 10pcs

shipping to USA $16+$4/additional item.

When I go home for lunch today I can grab one of the 5mm spacers I have and scan the whole thing for you.
Ok thanks a lot. Those prices are a lot more reasonable than some of the other companies I've seen. It's not more than 10-15 bucks in aluminum to make these things and not rocket science to machine them either if you know how to run a lathe and mill.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
I am developing some track spec spacers, made of lead they weigh 10 lbs each and have a couple springs positioned inside that are capable of providing a negative weight coefficient. The will also come with large stickers for window application and are guaranteed to increase performance.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Ok thanks a lot. Those prices are a lot more reasonable than some of the other companies I've seen. It's not more than 10-15 bucks in aluminum to make these things and not rocket science to machine them either if you know how to run a lathe and mill.
I have had these spacers for 6 months or so now. No problems, seems like good quality.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am developing some track spec spacers, made of lead they weigh 10 lbs each and have a couple springs positioned inside that are capable of providing a negative weight coefficient. The will also come with large stickers for window application and are guaranteed to increase performance.
Let me know how that works oput for you....;P

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
At least someone thought it was funny. :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Helps to counterbalance those oh so light pegs, right? :D

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
oK, I need advice.

10mm on the front is going to make the wheel flush with the fender and 15mm on the rear is going bring the wheel outside the fender a little?..........also, are R's hub centric?...and going to assume I would need extended bolts?

Id like my wheels to be right at the fender, not sticking out....and to lessen the wheel rub in the front.

thanks.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
oK, I need advice.

10mm on the front is going to make the wheel flush with the fender and 15mm on the rear is going bring the wheel outside the fender a little?..........also, are R's hub centric?...and going to assume I would need extended bolts?

Id like my wheels to be right at the fender, not sticking out....and to lessen the wheel rub in the front.

thanks.
I have 10mm on all four corners and the rear are not flush, they still have a little tuck so I believe 12-13mm is flush

extended bolts for anything not 5mm, even then it's still a good choice too grab some. You will need hubcentric spacers or rings as far as I know.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I have 10mm on all four corners and the rear are not flush, they still have a little tuck so I believe 12-13mm is flush

extended bolts for anything not 5mm, even then it's still a good choice too grab some. You will need hubcentric spacers or rings as far as I know.

Great thanks!, now I just need to find a place that has the 15mm in stock!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Great thanks!, now I just need to find a place that has the 15mm in stock!
just get some 20mm :D go for the hot rod look :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts