SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Long time no post, hope everyone is well!

I was snooping around under the car yesterday checking out the wheels to look for the source of a wobble in the steering wheel. I found a nice bend in my front passenger side wheel that also included a small crack! Clearly this wheel needs to be replaced. So this is my question. Do ipd's replica pegs weigh the same as the stock? I know that the AWD is so picky it doesn't like different tires, would it be ok with 3 factory pegs and an ipd replica?

Thanks!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Size wise you're fine but keep in mind ipd's replica pegs vary slightly from factory pegs (the r and spokes are different) and it will be noticeable if you mix them.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Yeah, the primary issue here is it will look pretty bad. The IPD pegs aren't very good replicas and the difference will certainly be noticeable once mounted vs. the stock peg on the other end of the car. So from an aesthetics viewpoint, I don't recommend it. Also, you can find SS users with spare pegs quite often, just browse through the classifieds in the for sale section. If no luck there, just post a "want to buy" ad. I was once able to find a decent peg for $50 from a local R owner. :)

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
I knew someone running a rep and normal pegs....couldn't tell ...atleast it took me a little bit. They were also painted black. Personal preference....or sell your three and buy all reps.

Pegs go fast ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts