SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I found a wheel I really like for my magic blue S60R. And have a pretty straight forward question.

I know the stock 18 peg is aprox 43mm offset (ET) and 65.1mm hub.

I really like these

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_mugello.php

They come in the right bolt pattern, but the ET is 40mm. 18x8. Does anyone forsee fitment issues with this ET and a 5mm spacer to achieve about a 45mm offset (ET)?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I had TSWs on for a while with et40. I had to use 5mm spacers to clear the calipers.

I think the rears will clear without any spaces but who wants to run them just in the front? Haha

And make sure to get the 71mm to 65.1mm rings too. Unless you enjoy crazy vibrations :p

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
They come in the right bolt pattern, but the ET is 40mm. 18x8. Does anyone forsee fitment issues with this ET and a 5mm spacer to achieve about a 45mm offset (ET)?
Adding a 5mm spacer would bring the offset to 35mm. Offset is the distance between the midline of the wheel and the hub face of the wheel.

Caliper clearance is an issue of spoke design, which means that one 18x8 et 40 wheel may clear the calipers, while another 18x8 et 40 wheel with a different spoke design will not.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I dislike that out of all the vehicles you can choose to view these wheels on , Volvo is nowhere listed :mad:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any fender rub issues?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adding a 5mm spacer would bring the offset to 35mm. Offset is the distance between the midline of the wheel and the hub face of the wheel.

Caliper clearance is an issue of spoke design, which means that one 18x8 et 40 wheel may clear the calipers, while another 18x8 et 40 wheel with a different spoke design will not.
You're right... I was elbows deep in an HS-CAN concern in an Expedition, which pretty much fries my brain.....So from the sounds of it, the wheel may or may not clear without a spacer. But likely will with one.....I may have the shop get one coming to test fit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts