SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nothing about wheels and what works so sorry for the dumb questions but if I get 18 inch wheels and don't lower my car, i already have the sport suspension, will I run into any problems as far as rubbing or tire wear? is an adjustable rear camber kit required to prevent uneven tire wear? also any suggestions where to look for new wheels? 150-200$ per wheel range? thanks

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Volvo recommends 215/45 tire size for 18" wheels on an s40, but many (including myself) go wider and thinner with 225/40 tires. I recall hearing reports of a little rubbing with 235s but don't remember the profile or whether the car was lowered or not.

You shouldn't need the camber kit if you're not lowered. If the rear camber is out of spec, it would be a good call. It won't hurt to add them anyway, to give you options.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: wheel question (SDS40)

You'll be fine dude. I my tire size is 225/35/20 and it doesnt even rub during normal driving. The only time it rubs, is when I have a total of four people in it and I hit a dip or something. I'm gonna get it lowered in a few weeks too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.