SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 bent 18"" pegs, which makes 4 bent rims in 5 years (crappy CT, NYC roads). Tires are worn P-zeros, Front rotors warped, rears pads worn (haven't changed them in 10 years) Need decent inexpensive wheels setup (17 or 18) with offset or get 2 new 18 in pegs?

If former, what are good wheel options?

It's an expensive year for the S60R!

Thanks

·
2,521 Posts
Im in the same situation you are, except I only have one bent Peg. I plan on selling mine and getting 19" Niche Targas, they are decently priced actually. Niche also makes 18x8 as well to use your old tires.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
^^ That's the wheel I've had my eyes on as well. Makes me second guess just getting my pegs powder coated.

·
Registered
353 Posts

I found it very close resemblance TSW Rivage vs Pegasus. I am not sure if I will keep :confused:. Anyone has one on the car now? I would like to see pictures.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do people think of the Verde Saga? I think I'm going down to the 17in wheels as I'm getting tired of replacing rims. Cheaper, lower weight, and tires are less expensive. May goto lime rock next year, 17 wheels still cut it?

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
The right 17s will fit, and in addition to cheaper rubber you have a much lower chance of bending rims and getting curb rash.

Personally I prefer the look of a 40 series tire on the car so I live with the risks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, what's a good online distributor in which I can order some wheels? Need to start looking soon

·
Registered
289 Posts
Anybody run the Niche Targa in an 18x8 to know if they clear our Brembos? Nurburgring would be my first choice but they're pricey. I know I have to pay to play, I get it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I just spent tons of money on the car so price is an issue. Tsw wheels are nice. Forged vs cast and only 19 pounds ��

·
2,521 Posts
I considered TSWs, If I were to go with them Id powercoat them gloss black

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Anybody run the Niche Targa in an 18x8 to know if they clear our Brembos?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
+1 I'm wondering as well.

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
went with these instead ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Did a bunch of searching. Seems that the niche targas sport series will not fit. Time to look at konig or enkei.

·
2,521 Posts
Targas will fit. Just need spacers if not

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HEHE, my old ronals fit without spacers. Too bad they they were bent after hitting a pothole years ago.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts