SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since my car is going to be parked on the streets of LA day and nite, and what scares me most is nite time on the sidewalk when i am asleep, do you think i should get Wheel locks? is it a good investment?

do they detract from the appearance of my 17" canistos?

i heard that volvo has a different style to their bolts, so the rims wouldnt fit other cars, hence no real need to buy the wheel locks. but then they can still easily steal them, and when they find out they dont fit, they wont return them, they'll just toss em.

help me decide whether or not to waste 40 more bucks on this

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes, yes and yes. I have got two sets on my car and think they are worth their weight in gold.

Am not from the US, so don't really know what its like there for petty crime, but even it the wheels don't fit, the 17" tyres will...

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:

Originally posted by topless_tart:
Yes, yes and yes. I have got two sets on my car and think they are worth their weight in gold.

Am not from the US, so don't really know what its like there for petty crime, but even it the wheels don't fit, the 17" tyres will...
two sets? so you bought 8 wheel locks? isnt one set enough?

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GShyneDM:
two sets? so you bought 8 wheel locks? isnt one set enough?

It's never enough, I'd almost get 5 sets of them and have the color coded....but the thought of someone can probably order a master key for these locks just discouraged me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Unfortunately, people break into your car for a pack of cigarettes.

If I could fit it into the boot, I'd also carry 4 wheel clamps, but than again, I'm a little protective of my baby

Ahh, that reminds me, do they sell Tazer steering wheel locks over there???

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by GShyneDM:
since my car is going to be parked on the streets of LA day and nite, and what scares me most is nite time on the sidewalk when i am asleep, do you think i should get Wheel locks? is it a good investment?

do they detract from the appearance of my 17" canistos?

i heard that volvo has a different style to their bolts, so the rims wouldnt fit other cars, hence no real need to buy the wheel locks. but then they can still easily steal them, and when they find out they dont fit, they wont return them, they'll just toss em.

help me decide whether or not to waste 40 more bucks on this
I don't think it's that important in LA, I've parked my car pretty much everywhere in LA with no problems. I guess it's all about luck though. It definitely doesn't jurt to have. However, I heard that that gator wrench thing that they advertise on TV can unlock those wheel locks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts