SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What wheel locks are you guys using with spacers? I cant seem to find anything that will fit. 15mm spacer.
thanks

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Yeah lol. Who's jackin your shiit? I just bought a car for my gf and it had wheel locks on it with no key of course and the dealer wont sell me a key so I very carefully hammered a socket slightly smaller than the lug nut onto each locked lug and then spun them off.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Who says I have Pegs? I have SSR GT-10s. About $550 per wheel.
I already have extended studs.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Unless you live in and/or work in park in really ****ty locations I still think the need for a set of wheel locks is questionable. I'm also sure the kind of people who would target you for wheel theft would be well prepared for any wheel lock you put on there.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Get some wheel studs from Motorsports Hardware and some locking lug nuts. You'll wish you had gotten wheel studs sooner.
this

·
Registered
218 Posts
Another benefit to our cars is the bolt pattern is so uncommon. 5x114.3, 100, 112, etc are more likely to be stolen. Our bolt pattern is shared with Ferrari and Ford!

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Another benefit to our cars is the bolt pattern is so uncommon. 5x114.3, 100, 112, etc are more likely to be stolen. Our bolt pattern is shared with Ferrari and Ford!
it's more common these days. Jaguar, Ford Focus, Land Rover Evoque all share the bolt pattern. Jag has been as slowly converting their whole lineup to 5x108. 5x110 is literally bolt on, and that includes all SAAB, Pontiac G6-7, and Cobalt all sharing the vauxhaul/Opel platform.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Does that have to do with those being ford owned companies at some point?

·
2,521 Posts
Def getting studs and this lock set. I'm not too buddy-buddy with some of the meathead neighbors..

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Does that have to do with those being ford owned companies at some point?
No clue. It could possibly be. But Tata has no obligation to stick with 5x108. Neither does Ford anymore, but they still use it on the latest Ford Focus platform.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts