SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hope someone can provide me with some insights. I live in Japan and Volvo parts, especially wheels are severely overpriced.

As winter is approaching I'm looking at getting a set of wheels fitted with studless tyres. I came across myvolvoparts and they seem to ship internationally with reasonable rates. Before buying them and asking my local Volvo dealer to fit them are there things I need to be aware of? I see mention of tyre pressure monitoring and extra fender requirements.

I have a 2018 XC90 Inscription with 20 inch wheels fitted.

Here's what I have in mind: https://www.myvolvoparts.com/XC90-2016-Winter-Wheel-and-Tire-Package-20-Inch_p_18693.html

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
413 Posts
$4k (plus shipping) for 4 wheels and tires isn't what I would regard as being reasonably priced.

If you already have 20 inch wheels, you won't have any extra fender requirements - and your Volvo dealer can just swap over TPMS, if they're needed

·
Registered
8 Posts
2018 XC90 would be using indirect TPMS so no TPMS located inside of the wheel.

TPMS calibrated within Sensus Screen only.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$4k (plus shipping) for 4 wheels and tires isn't what I would regard as being reasonably priced.

If you already have 20 inch wheels, you won't have any extra fender requirements - and your Volvo dealer can just swap over TPMS, if they're needed
In Japan the wheels go for 6800 USD without tyres! bit.ly/2N0hBaR

In Japan you tend to switch tyres when winter arrives and back to regular tyres when it's over. So you need to have two sets of 4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts