SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently when to the local pick n pull and found 17 Volvos, 10 of which were AWD and between 2001 and 2007. I was looking for the anti ping bolt and bushing just to see if there were any out there and for 2$ worth seeing if it would make a difference. I pulled every bolt out there and on each hub, they were all identical. I found a set and when I went to install them on mine, a 2002 V70XC, I have difference hubs. My hubs "opening" for the lack of a better word, is much larger in diameter than every Volvo out in that yard. The bushings were too small and leave a gap around the bushing and inner hub wall. What hubs would I have and where do I look for the correct anti ping bushing if it's what I really need?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I recently when to the local pick n pull and found 17 Volvos, 10 of which were AWD and between 2001 and 2007. I was looking for the anti ping bolt and bushing just to see if there were any out there and for 2$ worth seeing if it would make a difference. I pulled every bolt out there and on each hub, they were all identical. I found a set and when I went to install them on mine, a 2002 V70XC, I have difference hubs. My hubs "opening" for the lack of a better word, is much larger in diameter than every Volvo out in that yard. The bushings were too small and leave a gap around the bushing and inner hub wall. What hubs would I have and where do I look for the correct anti ping bushing if it's what I really need?
Let us know if this helps identify #21 hub and #20 bolt https://parts.volvocarslisle.com/a/...5697656/Front-wheel-suspension/GR-356487.html

Then this IPD video https://youtu.be/JPtJbnjbCUc

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually dug through VIDA, looked through volvopartswebstore.com, watched that video. I am trying to figure out why / which hub I have compared to these others. I know my Volvo was imported but I don't see why that will make a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts