SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just for the hell of it, I've been toying with the idea of some new wheels on an 09 S80 T6 (or 2012 S60 T5)
The comparison image below gives the FACTORY specs (left) of the Sport Pgk Zubras and the AFTERMARKET specs (right) of the aftermarket 20x8.5 including correct offsets and tire size

Does anyone see anything wrong with this setup fitment-wise (other than preference)?

Vehicle is NOT lowered and will likely only be lowered 1.5'' down the road

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
They'll stick out more and ride quality will suffer tremendously. Performance will likely decrease due to the extra 10 lbs of unsprung weight at each corner. Speedo will be off and won't read right. Aside from those, no issues.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Speedo will be off and won't read right.
I believe a dealership can calibrate this fairly easily. The ride would be incredibly rough though...

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Don't see anything wrong with that. You may need to check the difference in offsets. Although it seems to be in the range of only 10mm, which is forgivable considering the amount of fender space both cars have (S60 and S80).

Tires will be 35 profile, at 3.5" sidewall. It'll be a lot stiffer compared to the stock tires, but you gotta make sacrifices to look good.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
ACtually I just plugged in those numbers on 1010tires's offset calculator.

Don't think those will work.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think the factory size is 245/40-18 instead of the 45 series tire...nice looking wheels tho, just really heavy

·
Registered
989 Posts
With that profile tire and large rims, think the ride will feel like riding in a Radio Flyer wagon on a cracked sidewalk. But they do look nice...

FWIW, put Continental DWS' (different size) on my 40 and loved them. Sticky when wet and quiet. Increased the width over stock to push the rubber out beyond the rims - minimized rim gouge without impacting ride or handling.

I'm with you, not real impressed with stock rims on my 60, just "eh".

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts