SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need new tires this spring and trying to decide what to do with my 17" Orpheus wheels. Some light scratches and chips around the lug holes. No rash or corrosion. Thinking about getting them refinished. But, debating between the OEM bright silver and a hyper silver. On a silver car, the hyper silver might look better. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Yes hyper.

I have Neptunes and they are offered in the same finishes. I have a spare that's bright and it looks kind of blueish against the silver... Oh wait, it's Crystal Green . Hyper looks much better IMO.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
What about black chrome?

Hyper in the light, dark in shadow. Really pops on lighter cars.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Don't leave them the original color, mix it up for sure, go custom.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Keep them, or get the pegasus, two of the dopest wheels they came out with. If you're getting them refinished, myself I would get them powdercoated as well... Anything that doesn't clash with your body color, except for white. never go white wheel. good luck.
My friend has an s70 t5 that wants these same wheels if you find something else as well. I see you're in upstate, so we can't be too far away. Haven't seen many volvo enthusiasts up here, good to meet ya!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Do them like I painted my Thor's,
a nice medium Grey/Titanium. Not Black but more current in grey. They look great in person and on a silver car would also look great!
Here, the sun is right on them. In person they're a hair darker.
I did them in a metallic so they do reflect a bit

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see you're in upstate, so we can't be too far away. Haven't seen many volvo enthusiasts up here, good to meet ya!
Closer than you think - Apalachin! Nice to find another enthusiast in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a nice medium Grey/Titanium. Not Black but more current in grey. They look great in person and on a silver car would also look great!

I like! I'm leaning towards a darker hyper silver type finish.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts

Hi, what size tyres are on your rims?
In the UK we have 225/45/17
Do you have the same size or 235/45/17?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Closer than you think - Apalachin! Nice to find another enthusiast in the neighborhood.
haha closer than I would have guessed. I work at the local cookie delivery shop in vestal next to corelife. You'll see my wagon in that lot usually tuesdays, thursday nights, and sundays all afternoon.
Could probably get you a few free ones if you wanted to come show off yours sometime!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha closer than I would have guessed. I work at the local cookie delivery shop in vestal next to corelife. You'll see my wagon in that lot usually tuesdays, thursday nights, and sundays all afternoon.
Could probably get you a few free ones if you wanted to come show off yours sometime!
Next time I'm down that way, I'll try to stop by.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yeah, I agree with JRL—titanium/anthracite would be sick. That’s what I’m leaning towards on MY silver weegan...so maybe I’m biased, tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Thanks.
Those are continental pro/extreme contacts... looks like 235 45 17. Stock in american cars. Euro stock was the 225 probably because of smaller roads! He will let you know if its different I hope! Good luck

Now that I look again, they almost look like 16 inch rims.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've decided on the "dark silver" wheel color on the recent Mazda 6s. Hopefully, the wheel guy can do that, or something very similar.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Thanks.
235/47/17s This is a Polestar tuned 2.5T, not an XC and not an R

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
Thanks.
I run a 225 45 17 on my Orpheus wheels because it gives me a better turning radius. No noticeable difference in ride quality either.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Better picture of my car and wheels.
Grill "waterfalls" are painted the same color as the wheels.

·
Registered
728 Posts
235/47/17s This is a Polestar tuned 2.5T, not an XC and not an R
Polestar custom 47-series rubber eh?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I did that on my old car - painted the grille to match the wheels. Might paint the "wood" trim in the V70 the same as the wheels.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

Haha you have to be joking, just post that, say they are the same color and not list it. What is that, black chrome? silver chrome black gloss? Stop teasing me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts