SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local tire dealer put a nice score all around the edge of all 4 Pegs. I brought in an OEM web page, and a dealer rebate certificate for new Pegs - $207 each. I said "We can mount the summer tires on the new Pegs, and mount some Blizzaks on the old rims." He said "Great, so you're going to buy your old rims back from me?" "No, those are my rims you damaged." "Nope, if I buy you new rims those become my rims and I'll sell em on Ebay to recoup my loss."

I told him thanks but no thanks and I'll find another dealer for all my future tire purchases and alignments. Is my view on this correct?? You damage my personal property you replace it but you don't get mine and sell it back to me in the deal. :mad:

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
sounds like the thug does this a lot if he's reading you the eBay line.

I know in this state, when I go through insurance and make a claim on damages, parts off the car I get to keep, but if it were a total of the whole car I would make a claim and buy it back from the ins co essentially helping them recoup some cost.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Agreed

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
If he buys you new rims, you are whole, your old rims should goto him to do with as he pleases
Correct.

Mine have a little curbing on them would love for some tire guy to buy me 4 new one's I would give him the old!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
If he buys you new rims, you are whole, your old rims should goto him to do with as he pleases
+5 (I'm the fifth to agree with this statement)

Unfortunately, what you're asking for amounts to "having your cake and eating it too". World doesn't work that way.

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Actually, if he were to refinish all 4 wheels, you'd be whole in my book. Buying you an entirely new set is a bonus. Asking him to give you a new set of wheels AND you keep your old ones is a bit overboard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts