SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unsure how to upload images but having a go . I'm after a few opinions as I'm tore between Matt black wheels with a bit of laquer in the paint to give it a slight shine , or gloss black wheels with 3 costs of laquer for a deep shine here is a picture of the car as it stands now . I was all for the gloss but the lad who's spraying the suggested a Matt finish after seeing the cars color in real life

Ive also wrapped the grille in carbon fibre vinyl

·
Registered
156 Posts
Personally, I would do the matte black. I find the matte works very well on silver/grey cars. It creates a great sense of contrast, not only in colour, but also texture between the wheel surface and your paint. The matte would also help tie the plastic skirt pieces into the theme of your car by pulling from those more flat textures incase you don't plan on upgrading them at all.

If you want to be sure beforehand, you could always pick up a can of plasti-dip for $10 and spray one of your rims as a test to see how you like the matte look.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Personally, I would do the matte black. I find the matte works very well on silver/grey cars. It creates a great sense of contrast, not only in colour, but also texture between the wheel surface and your paint. The matte would also help tie the plastic skirt pieces into the theme of your car by pulling from those more flat textures incase you don't plan on upgrading them at all.

If you want to be sure beforehand, you could always pick up a can of plasti-dip for $10 and spray one of your rims as a test to see how you like the matte look.
came in to say this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I think I will definitely go with the matte everything you said makes sense thanks for you input Ty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts