SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely love everything about the XC90 except for one thing: the wheels. The optional Atlantis wheels for the T6 aren't bad, but I'm planning on getting a 2.5T, so they aren't availbable. I don't know how others view them, but the standard and optional wheels for the 2.5T really don't do much for me.<p>Any likelihood Volvo might offer more attractive wheel choices for 2004? What about aftermarket wheels? I saw a photo on Volvospy.com indicating a custom 20" wheel, though I think it was on a T6. Anybody found a good aftermarket choice for the 2.5T?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Wheel Choices (drlonline)

Why don't you have your retailer put a package together (w/ 4 Atlantis alloys plus tires) that may be attractive to you?<p>Yannis

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Wheel Choices (GrecianVolvo)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Why don't you have your retailer put a package together (w/ 4 Atlantis alloys plus tires) that may be attractive to you?<p>Yannis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>I'll certainly explore that, but thought I had read a post somewhere that indicated the 18" tires and Atlantis alloys weren't compatible with the 2.5T. I don't recall the reason given, perhaps something to do with the transmission?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Wheel Choices (drlonline)

I can't see why not...and their braking system is identical...<p>I don't think that the transmission has to do anything with the different size. It's not like the wheels will be mixed...<p>Yannis

·
Administrator
55,929 Posts

I asked my local dealer if they could swap rims from another car that was on the lot if I found a particular model I liked and wanted to take delivery with another set of wheels. They said they couldn't do that.<p>Does Volvo offer a "$500" wheel/tire upgrade option that can be done at the dealer or would it be a visit to the parts department and finance in the cost of four wheels & tires?<p>

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Wheel Choices (83caddy16v)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Does Volvo offer a "$500" wheel/tire upgrade option that can be done at the dealer or would it be a visit to the parts department and finance in the cost of four wheels & tires?<p><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>There isn'r such thing. Unless you were lucky and they had a customer who did not like his/her wheels and your liked them, then they could do s swap for only $500. But that is such a rare situation, especially in the XC90 market.<p>Yannis

·
Registered
10 Posts

Woah......Swap wheels on two "consenting" cars for $500?!?!?! That's only about $1000 an hour for shop time. Not a good way to start a long term relationship with a customer. <br>

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: Wheel Choices (lensxc90)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Woah......Swap wheels on two "consenting" cars for $500?!?!?! That's only about $1000 an hour for shop time. Not a good way to start a long term relationship with a customer. <br><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>Say what? Who do you think is going to pay the $500 price for the wheels? I would think that common logic would dictate that the customer who wants the wheels will get charged the $500 while the customer who does not will get credit for $500. Am I missing something here?<p>Yannis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts